support for de jong

100%blue

I hope the manager or the club are going to show some kind of support for nigel.The witch hunt is gathering momentum which isn't helped by the remarks of the dutch coach.It was a tragic accident and should be seen as such, he will feel bad enough about it without all this criticism he's getting.

i think city should make a strong statement very soon to shut this up which is bordering on industrial espionage, otherwise we could not see nigel for a few week, talkshite are asking for a season long ban for the tackle, their is certain politics coming from his native country, city wake up do something?

Nigel de Jong is too intelligent a fellow to let the idiots get to him. As a separate issue, if I were Nige I would be inclined to retire from the Dutch football team if that's the coach's attitude. He wants to re-referee the match, something that even the fools at FIFA and our FA say they are unwilling to do! Is the Dutch coach one and the same who has little problem fitting Van Bommel into his team?

I think De Jong won't give a fuck about what's being said, just seems that kinds guy. I admit though Talkshite are damn irritating. MOTD 2 last night showed it as part of the highlights but didn't get discussed.

He will get a similar ban to Shawcross which was what? 3 games?

Nigel is not the only player to have done this , shawcross , taylor etc. It is not as if he intends to go and hurt the man and I didn't even see him do anything wrong in the tackle when i watch it back . No one intends to go and break someones leg it's the way nigel plays , full on to get the ball . Everyone needs to get off his back in the media , it was a freak accident and ben arfa didnt even look in pain when he left the pitch he waved to thr crowd with a thumbs up when he was applauded off . Nigel is a fantastic player and I hopen this doesnt dishearten him as his tackling is the fantastic side to his game

Thaksins Love Child said:
He will get a similar ban to Shawcross which was what? 3 games?

Why should he get any ban? The ref had a clear view and didn't think it a foul. Chris Waddle, Nicky Butt and Kevin Keegan - all experienced ex-players working for ESPN - didn't think it was a foul even after watching endless replays.

He could do that tackle 100 times and the player would pop up no bother. It was just a freak injury no blame should be cast at De Jongs door it is not as if he went out to do him any harm.

No ban according to Telegraph as the referee saw it
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/04/nigel-de-jong-fa-holland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... fa-holland</a>

It was a reckless challenge no worse then Scholes poor tackling, Henry on Saturday or any other challenge on MotD every other week - including this weekend...

I like the idea of De Jogn retiring from International football - you don't need that from your own manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.