Support of teams in the lower leagues?

A load of us blues from Wythenshawe usually travel up to Scotland to catch a couple of games per season .
Up to now , we`ve visited , Queen of the South , ( top night out in Dumfries and last orders in Keswick on way home ) , Gretna , Selkirk , Stanraer , Berwick Rangers , Hearts , ( Edinburgh , Always look forward to night out there ) , Alloa , East Fife and Greenock Morton , Rangers and Celtic . Always surprise how many blues we meet up there . Next season we`re goin to try and get to Stanhousemuir , Cowdenbeath and Hopefully Ross County , way up there in Dingwall .

allblues09 said:
After watching all the highlights of the pre-season friendlies I noticed that some of them are quite well attended.

It started me wondering if people on here support any lower division teams?

I have always supported Rochdale, because my Grandparents live in Milnrow. g]

I keep Rochdale going with a pound in their weekly draw. Occasionally I go and sit in the away end or side at Wilbutts Lane (you pay more but there's no queue for the drinks and pies at half time). Watched them in the play-offs two seasons back.

Cardiff City, my local club & i was born down here. My Old man is from Manchester, hence why i follow City.
Any game between City & Cardiff though means i want a ten nil win for us.....over those taffy twats ;-)
I still get a laugh from my mates when they remember me jumping around the Bob Bank in the early 80's when Trevor Francis ( he played for us then) scored the winner in the Wales v England home international match at Ninian Park

ive been to latics a few times. only because i live in oldham.

Blueranger1 said:
A load of us blues from Wythenshawe usually travel up to Scotland to catch a couple of games per season .
Up to now , we`ve visited , Queen of the South , ( top night out in Dumfries and last orders in Keswick on way home ) , Gretna , Selkirk , Stanraer , Berwick Rangers , Hearts , ( Edinburgh , Always look forward to night out there ) , Alloa , East Fife and Greenock Morton , Rangers and Celtic . Always surprise how many blues we meet up there . Next season we`re goin to try and get to Stanhousemuir , Cowdenbeath and Hopefully Ross County , way up there in Dingwall .

Nights out in Edinburgh are shit, sister goes to uni there. Don't waste your time going to see Ross County, fans are shite, team is shite, town is shite. Go and watch Inverness, its less northern too!
Inverness is my second team, live close to the stadium.

BlueMoon93 said:
fortunate son said:
BlueMoon93 said:
UlsterCitizen said:
Usually get over the water a couple of times a season to watch City but spend most Saturdays watching Glenavon in the Irish Premiership <a class="postlink" href="http://www.glenavonfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.glenavonfc.com</a>

I love that league, proper physical and play some good footy. Watch the odd game on Sky Sports. Linfield are on quite a bit so I kind of have a soft spot for them. Being more knowledgable about that league what do you think of Linfield? I like the look of a few of their players i.e Carvell, Garrett, Murphy, Munster - they all look half decent. Their manager looks like a right nutter as well lol.

linfield? horrible team. hate them, rangers and celtic almost as much as i hate the rags

Oh ryt, like I said, only had a soft spot for them cos I've seen a few of their games.
Linfield are the rags of the Irish League

I have been along to my local side Oelstykke, they were relegated to the 3rd tier of danish football the season before last and are now on the verge of bancruptcy. The football is dire but the sausages are fantastic.

Always had a soft spot for Chester after playing as them at FM every edition, but the club is a shambles at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.