Supporters Clubs- fact or fiction?

daveduke67 said:
RP2 said:
I'm not against OSC, and I have not missed out on a Wembley ticket BUT...

A friend of mine has got a ticket from a supporters club he doesn't attend.... it's his dad that attends, and his dad has aquired 5 £50 tickets sat together, which will be given to family members who cannot get one under their own right.

Is this right?

I read that as your friends Dad is the only one who is eligible for a ticket under normal circumstances and he has acquired four more for non-qualifying non-members of the SC.

I find it hard to believe that there are no members of that particular club who haven't qualified for a ticket and are quite happy to see four tickets go to non-members whilst they go without. Or has the SC been given so many tickets that not only the qualifying supporters get tickets, but the non-qualifying fans and, even after dishing those out, there are still spares for people who aren't even in the SC.

Unless your friends Dad has tapped up four people who are eligible and aren't going and got their tickets. In that case it is the members who claimed tickets knowing that they wouldn't be going, who's peoples anger should be directed to as it is they who have abused the privilige not the SC itself. But doesn't this happen with S/C holders too - the ones who have 5000 or more loyalty points and buy every ticket going yet only keep hold of the derby one?

This is another issue I have. As those of us with less points can only get tickets from such people...and once more, they earn more points, and I earn none, but I go and get behind the lads and support them.

Neither the OSC or the Loyalty points system are perfect, but the combination of the two is more corrupt!

tazmancblue said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
[/size]

It's this bit that the naysayers are finding hard to believe. They seem to think that an OSC is a queue-jumping institution.

I have it on good authority from a prominent member of a very active OSC that people without ST have been able to get semi-final tickets through that particular OSC using the STs of other members who are not attending the game but have sufficient points. I accept that, as the OP states, the numbers are probably not major, but it is, as he says, against the terms and conditions of that season ticket.

I am also aware that the family of the chairman of that club have only attended two games this season, both using others' STs...the home and away derbies!

Furthermore, the OSCs were approached before the Chelsea game to assess interest in that game and it was based on the feedback of those that the smaller allocation was taken, thereby preventing any fan with a lower number of loyalty points or not a member of an OSC from attending....the points rich get points richer, the poor stay poor....
i wish you'd name your friend in the OSC, the club got the Chelsea match bang on, they did ask supporters clubs how mant tickets they wanted and nearly decided to take the full allocation, but decided because of the price of the tickets and the fact if we had 200 left it would of cost City £11000 they decided not to gamble - correctly as all the whingers that actually wanted to go eventually got tickets from one source or another. We can't even sell out for Liverpool away, just because it's a Monday night match, that must be the Supporters clubs fault as well - don't judge everyone by the standards of your friend and I can name 100's of big time charlies that are the biggest City fans in the world when there's a big game

tazmancblue said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
[/size]

It's this bit that the naysayers are finding hard to believe. They seem to think that an OSC is a queue-jumping institution.

I have it on good authority from a prominent member of a very active OSC that people without ST have been able to get semi-final tickets through that particular OSC using the STs of other members who are not attending the game but have sufficient points. I accept that, as the OP states, the numbers are probably not major, but it is, as he says, against the terms and conditions of that season ticket.

I am also aware that the family of the chairman of that club have only attended two games this season, both using others' STs...the home and away derbies!

Furthermore, the OSCs were approached before the Chelsea game to assess interest in that game and it was based on the feedback of those that the smaller allocation was taken, thereby preventing any fan with a lower number of loyalty points or not a member of an OSC from attending....the points rich get points richer, the poor stay poor....

The terms and conditions also state that a season ticket is not transferable but how many people down the years have let someone else use theirs when they themselves can't get to a home game? I don't think there's a City fan I know that hasn't done this at some point or other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.