Supporters clubs ticket allocation

on way to swansea thought I'd go on bm.... right, I'm a committee member for North Bury, a new supporters club, started in July last year.
There are around 130 members this season, on average we've had like 2/3 applications for tickets, some games members haven't even applied for them. most members are seasoncard holders, as are every committee member.
There will be some people who just join supp clubs for ticket priority but I can assure you - this isnt happening at our club.

put quite a bit of my own time into this without asking for anything back, as have many others for many years.

6a00d8341bf89d53ef01156fc7dd2f970c-pi.jpg

dont agree with fans on low loyalty points joining a branch just to get tickets for away games.I believe it should always go to those fans with the highest pts first,otherwise whats the use of having the scheme?

heffer said:
A post I made re Stoke away selling out last week;

heffer said:
I rang last night and was told they were sold out. I was told to ring in the morning and try again - he was surprised as I was.

I rang first thing this morning and was told by someone in the ticket office that he couldn't sell me a ticket but he knew that we hadn't sold out as tickets were still "available", when I asked why he told me they were probably "reserved for supporters' clubs and/or hospitality".

He was sound with me though and told me to ring customer services to find out why these tickets weren't viable for him to sell.

I rang customer services, explained the situation, was put on hold a few times but was eventually sold two tickets.

They were really kind in customer services, but I got the impression that I was being done a favour and that I shouldn't have been sold two of these tickets.

Can of worms maybe?

Would explain typical aways selling out at unexpectedly and unusually high points all season.

Thought it could prove relevant. I can't start my own thread, but I'd be interested to hear what people make of this.

Unless it has changed from the CSA came back into the fold, I am CERTAIN that the tickets that might still be on sale would not have been to supporters clubs as the clubs have to request in advance how many they want and then might receive a small percentage or none at all depending on demand and how many they normally take, how many points or season ticket holders etc they have, though as the number of "corporate" and "Hospitality" tickets have increased then the amount of tickets for the supporters clubs has decreased.

Personally I have a lot of admiration for the people who run supporters clubs, the time taken to organise travel and from my own experience they travel every where with City so any perks they receive I certainly dowouldn't criticise them for recieving.

As for the allocations, its pretty irrelevant these days. Platinum members are receiving double loylaty points in comparison to other fans. Is that fair? No probably not but they paid an extra 50 pound for the privilege. No difference to season ticket holders joining supporters clubs to ensure if possible their tickets.

The system is inherently unfair at the moment but supporters clubs are not the culprits, many fans prefer to travel by this method as it reduces cost and takes the hassle out of going the game. If the supporters clubs were left with half full coaches due to the strictness of the ticket policy, those fans would see increased costs, many drifting away from travelling and our away support falling as a consequence.

franksinatra said:
Personally I have a lot of admiration for the people who run supporters clubs, the time taken to organise travel and from my own experience they travel every where with City so any perks they receive I certainly dowouldn't criticise them for recieving.

As for the allocations, its pretty irrelevant these days. Platinum members are receiving double loylaty points in comparison to other fans. Is that fair? No probably not but they paid an extra 50 pound for the privilege. No difference to season ticket holders joining supporters clubs to ensure if possible their tickets.

The system is inherently unfair at the moment but supporters clubs are not the culprits, many fans prefer to travel by this method as it reduces cost and takes the hassle out of going the game. If the supporters clubs were left with half full coaches due to the strictness of the ticket policy, those fans would see increased costs, many drifting away from travelling and our away support falling as a consequence.
This wholeheartedly

Skashion said:
Don't have much time for anyone who's a member of one but even worse are the committee members. I've met a couple and they've always come across as slimy self-serving bastards enjoying all the perks - like guaranteed tickets, whilst doing as little as possible, especially the treasurers.

The Secretary, Travel and Treasurer people at my branch would do anything for anyone. We're really well organised and there's no problem all round.

No one moans about supporters club ticket alocation when tickets are plentiful but the fact is each supporter club that aplys for tickets have to match loylaity points for each aplication .does any one moan about other groups that get tickets .Players & staff .ex players asociation .disabled supporters club .fans that have hospitality packages ect

IOWBlue said:
Before i start, i hav'nt a clue how they work out the allocations. This is a thread to try to justify the allocations, based on some previous threads about our out of town support, or plastics/glory hunter support. I will use myself as an example, only because i dont know everyone elses background.
Born Stretford, raised Stretford,season ticket in 76 when they first came out ( £40 ) had a stint in the Army and kept my season ticket even though i was based in Southampton, saw 80% of home and aways. Posted to Germany, saw only a handful of games for 14 months, then bought myself out of the Army, yes, cos i was missing too many matches. Another 14 years season ticket holder living in Stretford, Higher Openshaw and Warrington. Went to live in France for 6 years, still kept season ticket for first three years. 31 years as a season ticket holder. Hav'nt had one now for 5 years and i live on the Isle of Wight. My kids, born in Manchester and Warrington, will be at Arsenal away, assuming we get our branch allocation. We have asked for 12. A lot of Blues have said on here that they cant justify £51 plus travel, food, a drink etc, and this is where i am asking,.... based on what ive said, and based on the economic climate, can we give the Blues who go the the southern based games a bit of slack. It's going to cost me...........£51 + £23 + £23 + three ferry tickets, (£42 ) 3 return train tickets to London, ( £60 ) food, a couple of pints, programmes, etc. Were talking nearly £300 for one game.
( God i wish i lived nearer home, but dont begrudge my kids ( southern accents ) their 4 or 5 games a season. )
fak off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.