Sven Goran Eriksson diagnosed with terminal cancer

I'm obviously very sorry that Sven, who was only briefly (and unsuccessfully) associated with City, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer but any attempt to bring him back to the Etihad smacks of maudling sentimentality.

The idea of bringing a guy at death's door onto the pitch is undignified and distasteful.

I wonder about the mindset of people who'd support this kind of thing. It's just another opportunity to display phoney emotion in public and I hope it never happens.

Let's leave it to the scousers, who are so much better at this kind of nonsense than us.
It’s would be a tribute to a much loved former manager and a special person, no one has a bad word about him in football, something I’m sure the majority of blues would support

It’s would be a tribute to a much loved former manager and a special person, no one has a bad word about him in football, something I’m sure the majority of blues would support
It's the worst kind of phony sentimentality supported only by the emotionally retarded.

It's the worst kind of phony sentimentality supported only by the emotionally retarded.
Its absolutely fine to have a contrary opinion, and I can understand that if not done properly it would seem ghoulish to some. However referring to people who don't share your view as 'emotionally retarded' is inappropriate and downright rude.
You should retract.

As a swede Sven was the reason I started supporting City. It pissed me off when Liverpool stole him for a charity match just to get some publicity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.