Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

A true gentleman

I had the privilege of meeting him whilst having dinner at The Lowry during his tenure with us .Happy to chat with me about our next game against Blackburn, I suggested he start Bianchi, which he did and we lost!
My wife was mesmerised by him such a charismatic guy, all,the women we swooning over him.

RIP

RIP Sven.
Only with us for one season but it seems much longer, gave us our first ever league double over the Rags.
I assume the club and the fans will remember him well at our next home game.
First double in PL era. Sorry to be a pedant but my dad wouldn't allow that to pass - he used to bore the arse off me about beating them 6 out of 7 years at OT in late 60s and early 70s.

First double in PL era. Sorry to be a pedant but my dad wouldn't allow that to pass - he used to bore the arse off me about beating them 6 out of 7 years at OT in late 60s and early 70s.
He’s right though, those fantastic years were under Sir Joe and Big Mal.

Such very sad news.

Sven's time at City was a breath of fresh air, after the dross served up by Pearce in his final season.

He gave us our sense of fun back, as well as some great football and results, and perhaps most importantly, our first win at the swamp for 34 years. He also brought in some exciting players, like Elano and Martin Petrov, as well as overseeing the development of Michael Johnson.

I think Sven was an honourable man, who tried to play football the right way. He certainly enjoyed a lot of success throughout his career. He won 18 trophies as a manager.

R. I. P. Sven. Your time at City will never be forgotten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.