Swansea (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

Swansea on a good run of late, won 3 of their last 4, most recently Southampton and before that Liverpool. However, play anything like we did last night and it should be comfortable.

It's a big chance to break into the top 4 as we have arguably the 'easiest' fixture on paper. Chelsea play Arsenal, Liverpool away to Hull and Spurs at home to Middlesborough and all play on Saturday, so we'll know the situation before kicking a ball.

As for the lineup...
Kompany to return? Seems harsh after the game last night but we're at our best when he plays.
Clichy for Kolarov? Just don't feel comfortable with Kolarov at left back.
Does Fern get back into the side?
Does Jesus remain ahead of Aguero...or does he play both?

Caballero
Sagna
Otamendi
Kompany
Clichy
Toure
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
G. Jesus
Sane

It must be good for Pep to have selection problems due to those fighting for a place.
Swansea are doing ok of late, beating Soton & Victimpool along the way. We need to be defensively clever or they WILL punish us. Alternatively we also need to be clinical and put the chances away.
I'm in awe of how dynamic Jesus is, pace that's frightening and a work rate that's crazy. This young man is going to be a city legend.
Long may he reign. KDB, Razza, Sane, Jesus & Magic Dave are going to be giving defences nightmares for the rest of the season.
LOVE IT!!!
Come on CITY, push on.
Did anyone else see that little weasel Pat Nevins comment about us, and that we will be found out against other teams ??? Prick

i would be tempted to keep the starting line up the same as last nights to be honest. players are in form and confident so no need to change it.

3-5-2

Stones - Komps - Ota

Sterling - Fernandinho - KDB - Toure - Sane

Aguero - Jesus

Swansea are going to sit deep and try to counter so lest use Sane and Sterling for width, Aguero and Jesus in and around the box and KDB pulling the strings. Fernandinho back alongside Toure to give some legs and cut out any counters

i would be tempted to keep the starting line up the same as last nights to be honest. players are in form and confident so no need to change it.

Being as we play on Sunday and then don't play for another eight days, I agree
If things aren't going to plan there's plenty of fresh legs on the bench to change the game

However, I reckon Pep will swap the back four to

Zabba, Kompany, Kolorov, Clichy

3 games in a week, so I don't think we'll see all 3 kids start this one. Would be amazing if they do though!

Kompany and Aguero in. Fernandinho in.

Out for otamendi, Gabriel and Yaya.

Swansea have been good lately and have played some good football but I do reckon we'll have too much for them. 3-1 city

Caballero

Sagna
Kompany
Stones
Kolarov

Dinho
De Bruyne
Yaya

Sané
Aguero
Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.