Sweden VS Portugal WC play off

Malty

Tasty game here

what do you all expect to happen/?

It will be tears before bedtime for Zlatan or Ronaldo..

Malty said:
Tasty game here

I think Sweden will edge it, they will have an excellent game plan whereas Portugal will rely heavily on Ronaldo who will be stifled. I think Ibra is far too lazy/lackadaisical to be centre of everything so Sweden won't have this problem.

Besides I really want to see Ibrahimovich at one more world cup, one of my favourite footballers.

Benarbia_is_god said:
Malty said:
Tasty game here

I think Sweden will edge it, they will have an excellent game plan whereas Portugal will rely heavily on Ronaldo who will be stifled. I think Ibra is far too lazy/lackadaisical to be centre of everything so Sweden won't have this problem.

Besides I really want to see Ibrahimovich at one more world cup, one of my favourite footballers.

If Sweden can beat England so convincingly they can beat a poor Portugal team.

The Swedish side are more solid than Portugal, the Portuguese rely very heavily on Ronaldo. Sweden had no real chance of automatically qualifying as they had the Germans in their group, Portugal should really have been favourites in their group but screwed it up and allowed Russia to beat them out. Portugal failed to beat Israel in 2 qualifying matches, and even drew with Northern Ireland, in Portugal! Sweden on the other hand actually scored 7 goals in their 2 qualification matches with Germany (although they did concede 9!)

As has been said, Sweden appear a better "team" than Portugal, and for that reason I see Ronaldo missing out on Brazil.

On the flipside, I'm not sure there's more enticing opportunities for Ronaldo than to play in a World Cup at Brazil, so if he happens to play like a man possessed, you never know.

Matty said:
The Swedish side are more solid than Portugal, the Portuguese rely very heavily on Ronaldo. Sweden had no real chance of automatically qualifying as they had the Germans in their group, Portugal should really have been favourites in their group but screwed it up and allowed Russia to beat them out. Portugal failed to beat Israel in 2 qualifying matches, and even drew with Northern Ireland, in Portugal! Sweden on the other hand actually scored 7 goals in their 2 qualification matches with Germany (although they did concede 9!)
The problem with Portugal was that Ronaldo did fuck all throughout the qualification, besides his hattrick against Northern Ireland. They relied heavily on Helder Postiga to score goals, which says a lot about Ronaldo and his performances for the nationalteam. Portugal's side is easily superior to Sweden and was also individually superior to Russia. If Ronaldo doesn't change his attitude, Portugal might go out. Can't see it happening though, Ronaldo will turn up and Sweden's defense is really a joke, there's no way they can keep him from scoring while Portugal are usually solid defensively, if they want to be.

I really hope we'll see a Zlatan masterclass and he somehow manages to carry Sweden to the worldcup. I probably miss him more than Ronaldo, Sweden are at least entertaining while Portugal has been incredibly boring for years now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.