SWP and Barry England?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Barry did well. The Daily Fail described his performance as 'worryingly insipid, with no sign of his early Man City form' and also said Lamparad was shit. Don't know which game they watched...

swp got slated in the observer match report but got 7/10 in the ratings!!
Thought they both played well barry should be nailed on starter, reckon swp has more competition for his place,
I reckon capello might start lennon ahead of him wednesday??

Big John said:
PowderBlue said:
SWP had a quiet half, with one good run hardly noticed by the commentators, but it was ridiculous how excited they got when aron lemmon came on the pitch, even though the game was much more open in the second half he didnt do much more than SWP.
Gaz baz was the best player on the pitch, no question. (yet cashley got mom????)

Which game were you watching? Lennon gave Defoe the pass for his goal, and made a super run to lay the ball into Rooney right in front of goal, and only 6 yards out, which he failed to score from.
In present form I think he is just in front on SWP.

I feel Barry is a better ENGLAND player than fat frank, and I would like to see Gerrard move into Franks place, and have a winger out on the wing.

Same game as you - note i said he didnt do much more than SWP, implying he did do more. Also there was much more space in the second half on the right in particular and SWP would have also been more in the game.

SWP had a stinker, Barry generally brillant, Lescott and Bridge are only fringe players and will only make the starting 11 in the event of injuries arising.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/international/article6824058.ece

Extracts:
Joleon Lescott and Wayne Bridge remain in the squad, but only as peripheral figures whose main hope is to get to South Africa rather than make an impact on the pitch.

Shaun Wright-Phillips could take the band of hardy survivors to four, although the Manchester City winger was so poor against Slovenia that Aaron Lennon may take his place.

Last night it occurred to me that we now have four of the eleven players who so hopelessly failed England two years ago against Croatia in that pivotal qualifier - all of whom start for us each week.

Brought back some uncomfortable memories...

I'm not attempting to pick at bones here, it was just an observation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.