SWP

I agree with the OP.

He can fuck off he is so over rated by the fans. When he came on it was like our saviour had returned. No he isn't anything special.

Just because he is from our 'outstanding' youth academy doesn't make him any better.

He'll be at West Ham or Newcastle I reckon next year.

Big changes in the summer, we need a stronger squad.

perhaps I was a bit harsh with the original post so I apologize. That said, I still stand by that his giveaway and absolute no attempt to get the ball back led to the pressure that caused the goal. Well, that and Bridge not seeming to give a fuck.

De Jong was in the ideal postion to cover on the right but held off.

SWP was no where near the ball as it was switched to the opposite side of teh pitch, he was covering the middle at that point

The real issue is that our defenders are still poor at defending crosses.

SWP looked good first time as he was around a mediocre team. Now the squad around him is better you realise he isn't that great. Exactly how it was when he joined Chelsea

I don't have any strong feelings about him leaving. A lot of fans from other clubs have been having a good old gloat about last night being good for the spirit of football, as homegrown spurs beat the big money mercenaries, what utter bollocks. If people are going to paint us as the villains then let's get the best mercenaries we can afford and really piss them off. we can afford better than SWP, he's done a lot for the club in the past and was our only real star for a time, but some things you have to put behind you.

Corky said:

SWP was no where near the ball as it was switched to the opposite side of teh pitch, he was covering the middle at that point

Bridge had no help in preventing the crosses.

honestly, i think this summer we have to be brutal and ruthless. We can't afford to pull any punches. And in my opinion, SWP isn't good enough to be anything more than 3rd choice back up for the right wing

mancreject said:
I don't have any strong feelings about him leaving. A lot of fans from other clubs have been having a good old gloat about last night being good for the spirit of football, as homegrown spurs beat the big money mercenaries, what utter bollocks. If people are going to paint us as the villains then let's get the best mercenaries we can afford and really piss them off. we can afford better than SWP, he's done a lot for the club in the past and was our only real star for a time, but some things you have to put behind you.

I'm pretty sure Ledley King is the only player on Spurs that they didn't have to buy.

blueplan said:
Corky said:

Bridge had no help in preventing the crosses.

Bellamy may have been injured, he went straight off after?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.