SWP's form: right back

he is being asked to do an awful lot of defending for both club and country......which is clearly affecting his attacking potential

he is also getting battered in every game by defenders and gets absolutely no protection from the ref's at all.......In the last game vs Villa he was clattered numerous times and didnt get a free kick once......and most of them were clear fouls on him.......this is a regualr occurance in most games if you watch him carefully

he is still a great attacking threat and at present he is first choice for me on the right wing due to his work rate, his attacking threat and also his great defensive qualities...his timing of tackles is fantastic

I don't think it's anything to do with the right back, I think Shaun's form has been pretty poor this year.

However I think he's better player than both Lennon and Walcott.

I think he's worth sticking with because even when he plays badly he generally gets away at least once and he's very dangerous when he does. Arsenal home was a good example of that.

He's in my side way ahead of Tevez. Not Bellamy though. When Robinho is fit, then that's a tough one.

swp came back to city on superstar wages and imho he has done very little to justify them.

the problem for him now will only get worse as now we have a target man or two
every time he fails to make a cross or pass it will stand out like a sore thumb

as for beating his man there is no point if he then fails to find a blue shirt

as for work rate if he ever matches bellamy I will show my arse

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think it's anything to do with the right back, I think Shaun's form has been pretty poor this year.

However I think he's better player than both Lennon and Walcott.

I think he's worth sticking with because even when he plays badly he generally gets away at least once and he's very dangerous when he does. Arsenal home was a good example of that.

He's in my side way ahead of Tevez. Not Bellamy though. When Robinho is fit, then that's a tough one.

Absolutely spot on, I think hes had something like 2 goals and 5 assists this year, that would be good going for someone like Petrov, never mind someone who gets through the defensive work Shaun does. I have noticed his general play has slipped a bit but I think thats a form thing, its brilliant when you can let a player find his form while he keeps assisting too.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
M22_blu said:
so you'd drop SWP and put bellamy there who does the exact same job and is probaly a worse passer and puts in just as bad a cross, bellamy's a striker so until we get someone capable of doing a better job out there swp should be left alone and backed

Bullshit - Bellamy goes past the last man, I can count on two fingers the amount of times he has done that this season.

Bellamy has played out on the left and still managed to score goals. As for his passing, it wasn't too shabby when he set SWP up for the goal against Arsenal.

The original question was whether Shauny was good enough to stay in the team, or was his downturn due to the appalling right-back situation.

You're last statement about waiting until someone better comes in, shows you know he isn't up to the standard we now need.

Bellamy has scored 1 goal while playing on the left and set up none, all bellamys other assist and goals have been when he's gone up top and made an impact e.g the arsenal game which you reffered to.

as to my last point I was just making the point that SWP isnt the greatest right sided player in the world but he's currently the best option to play out there out of what we got.

M22_blu said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bullshit - Bellamy goes past the last man, I can count on two fingers the amount of times he has done that this season.

Bellamy has played out on the left and still managed to score goals. As for his passing, it wasn't too shabby when he set SWP up for the goal against Arsenal.

The original question was whether Shauny was good enough to stay in the team, or was his downturn due to the appalling right-back situation.

You're last statement about waiting until someone better comes in, shows you know he isn't up to the standard we now need.

"Bellamy has scored 1 goal while playing on the left and set up none, all bellamys other assist and goals have been when he's gone up top and made an impact e.g the arsenal game which you reffered to".

He was certainly on the left side of the pitch for both the derby goals and if i'm not mistaken he crossed from the left side for Tevez's little dinky header.

Shauns been watching Robinho too much...them passes that have just enough strength in them to entice an opponent to have a do are comical on copacabana beach but down the premier league if you fail to 'make' an uninterupted pass because you've a penchant for snooker drag shots on a football field...then it may take 3 or 4 minutes to get the ball back.Do that 3 or 4 times a match and your opponents are going to be having the ball 10% longer than you are...all being equal.Not the best of wickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.