System for next 4 games

coulsonblue

I'd be concerned if Johnson was playing in these crucial games with a weakend defence. He really needs to step up several notches and just hasn't improved at all since he signed.

Hart
Zabaleta Richards Savic Lescott Clichy
Milner DeJong Barry
Silva Aguero

I think we should go with the 3-5-1-1.

Protected defence, and width from wing backs that negate the need for Johnson who is not playing good enough (Maybe for Wigan but not Spurs).

Can always switch it by swapping DeJong(lets face it poor so far) with Dzeko/Balotelli when fit, and got 3-4-1-2.

Hart
Milner Barry
Aguero Silva Balotelli

Agree completely, just said in other thread that I'd go ultra defensive for next few games.

Time to grind a few results out until some players are back.

5-2-3 or 5-3-2 depending on opposition for me.

I like the 3-5-2 and it appears to be Mancini's plan B. We have reverted to it a couple of times this season.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with Savic and Lescott going into the games against Liverpool and Tottenham but a back 3 of Richards, Lescott and Savic would be fine.

I would still prefer Clichy over Kolarov but I do think that Kolarov is useful as a wingback in a 3-5-2 formation. I would say this is probably his best position. He can't defend but he does offer something going forward.

Agree with these ideas (5 at the back with wing backs) for

1) the 1st liverpool game
2) Spurs in the prem

Wouldn't go 'defensive' against wigan. No need. They're total wank.

See how the land lies for the 2nd Liverpool game.

Rammy Blue said:
Agree completely, just said in other thread that I'd go ultra defensive for next few games.

Time to grind a few results out until some players are back.

5-2-3 or 5-3-2 depending on opposition for me.

this for league games

but go for it in the semi

Probably right I'd say. Depends how much Bobby thinks Micah out wide is needed. For me Zab doesn't have that ability to get up and down and get decent crosses in and if that's part of the game plan, then the 3/5 at the back isn't an option.

That said, if Nasri plays to anything like his potential and Milner makes decent forward runs supporting Agüero I reckon we can still do ok.

So:

..................................Hart

.............Richards...........Savic...........Lescott

Zab..............................................................Clichy

......................de Jong..............Barry

...................................Milner...............................

..................................................Nasri

...................................Agüero

Johnson as an impact player. Hargreaves to help shore up if we get 2 goals ahead.

I feel we've got to proper go for it at home tonight baring in mind second leg is at Anfield. Apparently Dzeko and Balotelli have passed fitness tests but looks like Silva is deffinetly out.

What about this...

.........................Hart...........................
.....Richards.....Savic.....Lescott...........
Zabaleta..................................Kolarov
................Barry............Milner.............
........................Aguero.......................
.........Dzeko.....................Balotelli.......

Few goals to be scored here, thoughts...

coulsonblue said:
I'd be concerned if Johnson was playing in these crucial games with a weakend defence. He really needs to step up several notches and just hasn't improved at all since he signed.

Hart
Milner DeJong Barry
Silva Aguero
I think you are correct and this is the system we will play ,except Nasri for Sylva .
I think we should go with the 3-5-1-1.

Protected defence, and width from wing backs that negate the need for Johnson who is not playing good enough (Maybe for Wigan but not Spurs).

Can always switch it by swapping DeJong(lets face it poor so far) with Dzeko/Balotelli when fit, and got 3-4-1-2.

Hart
Milner Barry
Aguero Silva Balotelli

I'll be very surprised if he changes from the 4-2-2-2. Slim chance of 4-2-3-1 but very unlikely. I'd be shocked if he went for 3-5-2. Stranger things have happened but he won't mess about now we're missing our spine, surely.

Umfoofoo said:
I feel we've got to proper go for it at home tonight baring in mind second leg is at Anfield. Apparently Dzeko and Balotelli have passed fitness tests but looks like Silva is deffinetly out.

What about this...

.........................Hart...........................
.....Richards.....Savic.....Lescott...........
Zabaleta..................................Kolarov
................Barry............Milner.............
........................Aguero.......................
.........Dzeko.....................Balotelli.......

Few goals to be scored here, thoughts...

That looks good...no wait...it looks awesome! It's just with no Silva or Nasri will it work going forward? You could also be risking having Aguero or Balo defending deeper meaning they can't be far enough up the pitch to effect going forward. I could be wrong though, it's definatly something I'll do on Fifa tonight!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.