Tablet advice required

The Pink Panther

Right, first thing to say is taht I'm a dinosaur when it comes to tecnology, so no blinding me with techno terms

I'm going to get a tablet. Budget is up to £400. Really the only things that are essential is a good camera and have a usb port, so recommend me one please
Am I right in saying tablets don't have a disc facility?
How do you watch films on a tablet when you're on a plane and not connected to tinternet?

They have an SSD disc on which you download any film you want to watch.

Most have an SSD disc, many allow extra memory in the form od SD cards to be added. If you have one with a usb port you can put movies on a usb memory stick.

Bought my lad who is very techy the nexus 7 32gb for xmas and he says its fantastic.

Hope that helps?

If you are not worried about size then get a nexus 7..its really fast and i saw it on hot uk deals for about 130 which means its an absolute bargain.
Im an android fan, but if you are not very techy and want something bigger aswell as the basics to be done better than any other i would recommend an ipad..not many drawbacks in them for the everyday consumer.

i'm also looking for a new tablet, want to be able to use it to stream football and connect via hdmi to tv. am i right in saying ipads struggle to do this due to not using flash? any decent ones to recommend?

mikeyboy said:
i'm also looking for a new tablet, want to be able to use it to stream football and connect via hdmi to tv. am i right in saying ipads struggle to do this due to not using flash? any decent ones to recommend?

Wrong.....you can get an app that will play flash (SKYFIRE and Puffin) and an iPad/HDMI adapter to connect to TV.

ifwecouldjust...... said:
mikeyboy said:

Wrong.....you can get an app that will play flash (SKYFIRE and Puffin) and an iPad/HDMI adapter to connect to TV.

nice one fella, cheers for the info.

The Pink Panther said:
Right, first thing to say is taht I'm a dinosaur when it comes to tecnology, so no blinding me with techno terms

Righto...

Product TypeTabletGreen CompliantYesFlash Memory Capacity16 GBProcessor ManufacturerNVIDIAGraphics Controller ManufacturerNVIDIAGraphics Controller ModelULP GeForceBluetoothYesWi-FiYesOptical Drive TypeNoGraphics Memory AccessibilitySharedMaximum Battery Run Time9.50 HourGPSYesProduct FamilyNexus 7Front Camera/WebcamYesOperating System PlatformAndroidProcessor ModelT30LColourNakasi BrownOperating SystemAndroid 4.1 Jelly BeanBrand NameAsus Form FactorSlateProcessor Speed1.20 GHzProcessor TypeTegra 3Screen Size17.8 cm (7")Screen Resolution1280 x 800Standard Memory1 GBWeight (Approximate)340.0 gCache1 MBProcessor CoreQuad-core (4 Core)Green Compliance Certificate/AuthorityRoHSTouchscreenYesDisplay Screen TypeActive Matrix TFT Colour LCDDisplay Screen TechnologyIn-plane Switching (IPS) TechnologyWi-Fi StandardIEEE 802.11b/g/nMulti-touch ScreenYesHeight10.5 mmWidth199.0 mmDepth120.0 mmScreen ModeWXGAManufacturerASUS Computer InternationalProduct NameNexus 7 TabletProduct LineNexus 7 Aspect Ratio16:10Manufacturer Part Number90OK0MI1100560U

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.