Tactical analysis & discussion season 2022-23

I wouldn’t write the CL off. Teams have won it over the years despite not winning their domestic league. There isn’t that many great teams in Europe, I’d probably say we’ve got one of the form teams in Leipzig and I definitely wouldn’t want to meet Napoli at any stage.
We aren't one of those terms that win while playing poorly though, especially if we play decent opponent's. If we aren't at it we usually lose against top teams. Needs a huge turn around in form. If Southampton can dick us 2-0, anyone can especially away from home.

I think a tactical or massive personal change is needed. We aren't playing to our strengths in Haalands goalscoring. We just pass back and keep possession with no intent off attacking. We need players who will overlap and make use of the sides instead of trying to force something through the middle. Some players with a keen eye for a pass and a creative flair who have energy wouldn't go amiss either. I would like to see us use a 4-2-3-1 formation at some point so see how we are with that.

We aren't one of those terms that win while playing poorly though, especially if we play decent opponent's. If we aren't at it we usually lose against top teams. Needs a huge turn around in form. If Southampton can dick us 2-0, anyone can especially away from home.
We’re second in the league and scored the most goals, I can’t really recall many good performances.

I am not sure what Pep is watching this season.

I am sure he watches all our games back on Television afterwards and sees what we all see.

Our passing just for the sake of passing is absolutely killing us.This is what we are doing regardless of which system we play these days.Everybody is doing it,players passing to each other then back towards Goal.And start again

We work a good opening to opponents Box,we mostly stop dead,pass,pass,pass, across the edge of the Box to the side to the back.Creating nothing

The players are like Robots,their first instinct is to keep possession at all costs,and pass the Ball.They lose the Ball they grimace.

I think it part of the reason no one dares with through Balls to Haaland.

We literally only have KDB/Gundogan who are capable of a defense splitting long Pass.And both were benched today in an important game.3 Team Captains sat on the Bench in Dias,KDB,Gundogan.

Pep has watched this all season with us.

I think the players have had enough of him and his crazy tactics.

And if i am being honest i can not be watching much more of this dull insipid shit.It is not "Tiki Taka" it is franken Football.11 players confused with what they are being asked to do by a megalomaniac seemingly on a power trip week in,week out..

We should have started our best 11 today,in our best system.

Instead he benches all the best players and makes it all about him.He is obviously sending message etc.

What about the Greater good of the Team,The Club and our Title challenge.

He is not above criticizem. He has a face like a slapped arse,has started popping off at the fans again.And allegedly he is unraveling on players in the dressing room.

Need to play with someone in the 10 role behind Haaland to slip him in at a closer range rather than from a distance.

On players that are fit

Gk- Ederson

Rb- Lewis (inverted, helps with build in central areas double pivot next to Rodri)

RCB- Dias (No need to get too involved attacking wise just find the RW or Lewis, Stones probably best at this role. Main role is defend right channel from counters)

LCB- Laporte (Key in the build up, stays central and dictates wether we go left or right, looks to release over opposition back line on occasion, like a quarterback in NFL in many way)

LB- Ake (There to support the LW, occasional overlap but infrequently, defends left channel from counters)

DM- Rodri (Floats and looks to receive off the LB and LCB to start attacks on the left a diagonal to the RW)

RCM- KDB (Pushes up to get closer to Haaland, looks to either feed him through or supports the RW)

LCM- Foden (Really want to see him and Grealish linking up, overlap like a full back when the LW cuts in or dart into the box to score)

RW- Mahrez (High and hug the touchline, take on the full back as often as possible or look for the RCM overlap for a cross.

LW- Grealish (Constantly interchange positioning with LCM either going inside to create space for the LCM or LB to overlap or going to the byline)

ST- Haaland (Stretch the channels, get in behind them and make them work, don’t come towards the ball and limit the space for the CMs to work in.)

Simple as that

Ray Wilkins FC.

Slow, sideways, backwards.

Ray Wilkins had another nickname during his playing time. The nickname “The Crab” was given to Wilkins by his manager, Ron Atkinson, because of his alleged penchant for unambitious sideways passing.

We’re no threat from the wings. None of our wingers can go on the outside and whip a ball in. We were known for those little triangles about 2/3’s up the pitch which would eventually lead to a little through ball for a winger to cross the ball across the box. Now it’s pass the ball to Mahrez and Grealish and hope they skin two players, as by time the ball is passed to them the defenders have already had time to get back. A winger is one of our priorities in the summer and I’d promote one of the fast EDS wingers so they can have an impact from the bench.
No one has mentioned Cole Palmer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.