Tactics for next season

...........DZEKO........................................TEVEZ.........

.......................SILVA...........YAYA..............................
....................BARRY................DE JONG......................

.....COENTRAO.....LESCOTT....KOMPANY....RICHARDS.....

....................................HART....................................

Invisible_Goat said:
Standard formations like the 4-4-2 are dead now. You cannot just play with one solid formation for the whole season, with players tied down to the same posoitons for the whole game. Good teams have an erray of formations, creating new roles for there players, depending on the oppostion.

However if I was to chhose a style rather than a formation i would have to look towards barcelona in chamions league final. bartca switched it up alot but for a large portion of the game they did the following.

Mascherano on paper played centre back. When actuly he was slightly higher than Pique but slightly behind the defensive midfielder Busqets.

Xavi played slighlty ahead of buesquests but not as high as Inesta.

Messi Played higher than inesta but not always as high as Villa or pedro

pedro seemed to play more towards the left, while most of the above played all over the pitch.

In terms of lines they played something along

Victor valdes

Pique

Mascherano
Alvez Busqets Abidal

Xavi
Inesta

Messi
Pedro
Villa

This allowed the three players, Xavi, Inesta, and Messi to dictate the vast majority of the passing play in the centre and make Barca's beautiful style. While Alvez and Abidal were free to make darting runs into dangerous wide areas. Also Pedro and Villa could create space for themselves.

This is what I would like for City, and by the look of our play at the end of the season, it seems to be how we are shaping, with similar formations that cannot be defined. With formations with far more lines rather than your standard three line formation like 4-4-2
You need to read into Barcelona's history, specially concerning Cruyff's involvement in their development to realise exactly how much time and effort has gone into producing what you see today. No amount of money can produce a team that can do what they do as effectively as they do, Real Madrid have spent countless millions trying. It is a nice thing to aspire to though.

Invisible_Goat said:
Standard formations like the 4-4-2 are dead now. You cannot just play with one solid formation for the whole season, with players tied down to the same posoitons for the whole game. Good teams have an erray of formations, creating new roles for there players, depending on the oppostion.

However if I was to chhose a style rather than a formation i would have to look towards barcelona in chamions league final. bartca switched it up alot but for a large portion of the game they did the following.

Mascherano on paper played centre back. When actuly he was slightly higher than Pique but slightly behind the defensive midfielder Busqets.

Xavi played slighlty ahead of buesquests but not as high as Inesta.

Messi Played higher than inesta but not always as high as Villa or pedro

pedro seemed to play more towards the left, while most of the above played all over the pitch.

In terms of lines they played something along

Victor valdes

Pique

Mascherano
Alvez Busqets Abidal

Xavi
Inesta

Messi
Pedro
Villa

This allowed the three players, Xavi, Inesta, and Messi to dictate the vast majority of the passing play in the centre and make Barca's beautiful style. While Alvez and Abidal were free to make darting runs into dangerous wide areas. Also Pedro and Villa could create space for themselves.

This is what I would like for City, and by the look of our play at the end of the season, it seems to be how we are shaping, with similar formations that cannot be defined. With formations with far more lines rather than your standard three line formation like 4-4-2

What amazed me about Barca was the amount of time Abidal and Alves spent in the scum half, they were almost the wingers with a 2-3 man attack between them. They were almost playing the 2-3-5 formation that someone put up as a joke, close to it anyway.

For the OP - I think we'll change a fair bit depending on who we play - 4-2-3-1 for tougher games, 4-3-3 for easier games and we may even see some 4-3-1-2 (maybe 4-1-2-1-2 variant) at times when we really want to attack.

must win, not 'not lose'

it will bevery interesting to see who mancini picks upfront next season though

Surely it will just be a slight variation on last season? Why spend 18 months developing a playing system if you junk it just as its starting to work?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.