Taggart Will 'Fold' On Wednesday

BobKowalski

Taggart played a near full strength side in the first leg to kill the tie off. That didn't work so he will play a second string side on Wednesday citing the 'really big game against Arsenal' as the reason.

When we get through taggart will say its to be expected, gives his 'youngsters' experience, the league is the focus not some mickey mouse competition, (insert reason here).

On the other hand I could be talking bollocks :)

But I do think taggart will 'fold' and get his excuses in early

He has to play his key players in nearly every game IMO, they simply dont have sufficient back up anymore, Im expecting him to field as strong as side as possible against us, and for them to try and win the tie early doors, hoping to give Rooney etc a rest after an hour.

I disagree, he would be crucified by the scum supporters if he put out a reserve team and we hammered them at the swamp. He knows we are going to put out our strongest possible team.

Plus for all his comments about how they "don't care about the LC" and "it's not our derby" you can see how much it means to them to beat us, played his strongest ever League cup line-up against us last week. VDS got his first LC start in 5 years, Shrek started a LC game for only the 5th time since he transferred there and the rest of the squad (barring injuries) was their 1st team.

It would be nice if he did play all the youngsters & Gary Chuckle, I'd take great satisfaction in City dicking them at the swamp.

frankisskint said:
I think he'll defo go with his big guns again, he cant afford to lose out on any pay front from know on.

Nah he knows destiny is on our side. He can smell it in the air. Stick an understrength side out and it gives him cover. He cannot afford to have City dick a strong Utd side twice in one week.

Lomas has a lob on said:
He has to play his key players in nearly every game IMO, they simply dont have sufficient back up anymore, Im expecting him to field as strong as side as possible against us, and for them to try and win the tie early doors, hoping to give Rooney etc a rest after an hour.

I think he will start with a weakend team but have Rooney etc.. on bench incase they can not break us down, dont forget they have Arsenal away at the weekend and with the resurgence of the Arse, that is a mustn't loose game for the Rags, and I feel he will try and beat this way.

Which ever way he goes, I feel that we will score at Old Trafford and should be OK to go through.

I'm in two minds about whether or not the bully will play his strongest eleven. On the one hand he certainly will not want us to win - definitely not at the swamp. He'll do everything he can to keep their childish banner in place until he retires, so to that end I can see him keeping pretty much the same side as at ComS.
On the other hand, not only do the rags have Arsenal in the league to think about, but they also have a massive game against AC Milan in the CL to contend with.

He knows if Shrek gets injured on Wednesday and is out for a couple of games their season is effectively over.

I think he went for it last week, in the hopes he could go with a much weaker team in midweek, it didn't work, However I think he has painted himself into a corner here and will have to go out to win it at the swamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.