Take me back to the 90's

BlakeTheBlue said:
Oasis wrote very simple, catchy anthems that the masses ate up but from a musicians point of view they were pretty shit. Noel seems like a top bloke and he is obviously a talented song writer. He knows how to touch the masses but then again so did Mr Blobby so? As a group however their albums sounded very samey, They refused to grow and evolve as all the true great bands do. Listen to the early mop top Beatles, then Revolver and then Let it Be. Completely differant as they evolved and matured as a group. Oasis were, well, boring i'm affraid.

do you want to go first Markt85?

citykev28 said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
Oasis wrote very simple, catchy anthems that the masses ate up but from a musicians point of view they were pretty shit. Noel seems like a top bloke and he is obviously a talented song writer. He knows how to touch the masses but then again so did Mr Blobby so? As a group however their albums sounded very samey, They refused to grow and evolve as all the true great bands do. Listen to the early mop top Beatles, then Revolver and then Let it Be. Completely differant as they evolved and matured as a group. Oasis were, well, boring i'm affraid.

Line him up against the wall, the firing squad's on the way.

BlakeTheBlue said:
Music like everything else goes in cycles. We are blessed with incredible eras of creative bliss followed by a decade of soul destroying manufactured pop dross.

The 90's had some incredible bands. Some of the best ever who will rightly take their place as legends in the future, Mainly from that "Britpop" (horrible name) movement.

Pulp were incredibly underated, Oasis wrote very simple, catchy anthems that the masses ate up but from a musicians point of view they were pretty shit. Noel seems like a top bloke and he is obviously a talented song writer. He knows how to touch the masses but then again so did Mr Blobby so? As a group however their albums sounded very samey, They refused to grow and evolve as all the true great bands do. Listen to the early mop top Beatles, then Revolver and then Let it Be. Completely differant as they evolved and matured as a group. Oasis were, well, boring i'm affraid.

The real genius band of that era were Blur. Incredible musicians, all on another level talent wise especialy Graham Coxon. Damon Albarns song writing is just remarkable they re invented their sound time after time. Their self titled "Blur" album is a masterpiece as good as anything and Parklife defined my generation.

Yeah... sigh, I miss the 90's too :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxHiuBkBryY[/youtube]

WoW, What a band, What a guitarist!

thats some bollox your talking there pal

citykev28 said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

stand back Kev, i got this.

If Noel was targeting the ''masses'' then why did he make Morning Glory totally different from one of the biggest selling debut albums Definitely Maybe ?

how do you define evolving ? should they be using digital synthesizers, sampling dubstep just to please you ... why should they ? i dont want to be enteratained by strobe lighting, cartoon monkeys and dancers when i go to a gig - Give me a cu*t of a leadsinger, couple of quality guitarists and a drummer any day .

The myth that so many of there songs sound ''samey'' is tiresome... Wonderwall / dont look back in anger / falling down / fu*king in the bushes / whatever ... if you never heard of Oasis and listened to them songs you wouldn't think it was from the same band

Oasis will be remembered years down the line as a true great band - maybe not in your opinion but that is a fact.

Blur, Gorillaz and 'The Good,the bad and the Queen' ... wont

Oasis aren't boring, the people jealous of there success are.

Nice and loud Kev !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTfyjIf_cb4&feature=related[/youtube]

Oasis wrote very simple, catchy anthems that the masses ate up but from a musicians point of view they were pretty shit.

and which musicians told you this? every single musician i've heard asked about oasis have sang their praises except for pricks like robbie williams and cocks that have been made a twat of by liam or noel. if you're the musician that has come up with this gem, what job do you currently do? if making songs like oasis' was so 'simple', why the fuck don't you make them and make a fortune out of it?

Its compilations like this that make me wonder how much were all going to cringe when somebody goes to make a similar collaboration of 2010-2020's.

Instead of reminiscing fondly, we will be listening through covered ears and going bright red at the thought that we all danced in a club at one point to 'like a G6' or whatever other rubbish is out today.

jimharri said:
whosonthebench said:
the best decade for music. If torrents are your thing you'll love this.
OMsCx.png

well, shit. What else is blocked in Ireland?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.