Taking a party of Russians to the Newcastle game

Citysmith

A teacher friend of mine has become involved in a Russian student school exchange which means 20 young students under the age of 16 coming to Manchester.

I suggested that she takes them to see City and she thought it was an excellent idea (ie keep them away from the other place) to go and spread the love and joy of Manchesters only team back in Russia.

Anyhow she threw it back to me and said Great idea what do I do 1st about getting tickets, tour etc.... Bloody hell I don't know, do you just ring up the ticket office or would City like to know about 20 Russians coming over and who would I email to sort anything out?

Any help would be awesome from you guys, anyone dpone something similar, any suggestions if it's worth emailing someone at the club who would buy into this as a cool PR exercise etc... etc..

Re e-mailing the club: what harm can it do ? they could say not interested, there again they could say hey bring them down an hour before and we will show you round oh and heres 20 tickets.

But I would also look to get tickets sorted as I am sure it will be a full house and you could end up looking a right wotsit when your idea backfires because you left it to late.

You used to be able to get tours on the day of a game, not sure if they still do it. Otherwise it would probably be best to do the tour the day before the game.

In terms of tickets just simply ring up and mention you want to make a group booking. There's always teams and big groups watching games now and they never really have trouble finding a high number of seats in the same area. Mention it on the phone about the tour and see what they suggest.

Doubt they'd do anything out of the ordinary for it as, like I say, there's groups from all over the world at games all the time. Might get a little note on the screen at half time or something as I saw that going across against Villa.

Blue Mist said:
Re e-mailing the club: what harm can it do ? they could say not interested, there again they could say hey bring them down an hour before and we will show you round oh and heres 20 tickets.

But I would also look to get tickets sorted as I am sure it will be a full house and you could end up looking a right wotsit when your idea backfires because you left it to late.
There are always parties of schoolkids, visiting junior football teams etc in the family stand, sure the club dishes out free tickets for these sort of groups. Not sure who to contact though, I think you need to do some trawling around the OS.

Don't think they do tours on match day or possibly even the day before match day any more. E-mail supporter services?

These groups are usually found at the bottom of the family stand and the groups comes from all over Scotland ,Ireland, Sweden, U.S.A, Australia so the club should be able to give you some advice.

did they go york away? if not don't bother bringing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.