Taking kids to the game.

johnmc

I've never took my kids but the 6 year old is showing an interest now. I'm usually a few pints and get to the ground as close to kick off as possible although I've had a pint at city square a couple of times.

Is there stuff to do for kids in and around the ground if you went a bit early. The city square stuff that I've seen wasn't really geared to kids. I've not been in the family stand at the Etihad but I had a season ticket at Maine rd with my dad when I was a kid and there wasn't really any different than a normal seat other than less swearing and more attention from moonchester from what I remember.

When my dad first took me he left me at the front of the kippax and stood further up and saw me at half time and full time but times moved on.

Suppose what I'm asking is do people make it a bit more of a day out or is it still watching in the game and that's it?

There are a few 'attractions' in City Square....e.g. Mini 5 a side pitch...some sorts of video game footy areas and the usual snack outlets plus local bands onstage....otherwise it's pretty much as we were at Maine Road, I guess

Mine used to like seeing the coach arrive around 90 minutes before kick off then we'd have a mooch in the shop, a hot chocolate and a hot dog and watch the City Square stuff. You can usually meet the mascots outside the ground too. The bar in front of the stage doesn't get as busy as the star bar so is better for taking children into if you fancy a pint.
If you're in the family stand there's usually people handing out match attacks stickers and the occasional face painter.
There normally a football skills thing behind the shop too.
We get in the ground early to try and avoid the last minute rush. Watch the warm up and point out favourite players.
In short, yes, there things to do.

6 is still pretty young. I'd get them in not long before kick off, get them some junk food and hope they stay settled for 90 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.