Taking son to his first City match

GoatersLeftShin

Team supported
MCFC
My son has started to get into football in the last few weeks. Obviously, I've made sure he stayed on the straight and narrow and kept him away from his cousins who are big United fans. He has been asking about what happens at a game so I know he's probably ready to go and watch a game now.

For his birthday, we've just bought him tickets to see his first ever City game which will be City v Watford. I'm hoping Watford will be relegated by the time we play them so that they just turn up and take their usual good hiding! Knowing my luck it will be a drab 0-1 to them with a suckerpunch goal whilst his cousins watch United turn someone over 5-0 etc :)

Anyway I want to make the day as special as possible for him. We are going to take him to the ground early on, maybe get a shirt from the Club shop and get a programme. Probably the usual stuff really, but can anyone suggest anything that they've done with their kids that can make the day even more special?

Stick a phone under his nose and a bag of haribo so you can actually watch the game....

I've taken my lad to his first 3 games this season. Made a big day of it, train ride, Mcdonalds, wander round the ground, shop, usual stuff.

Hope it all goes well, a proud moment.

My son has started to get into football in the last few weeks. Obviously, I've made sure he stayed on the straight and narrow and kept him away from his cousins who are big United fans. He has been asking about what happens at a game so I know he's probably ready to go and watch a game now.

For his birthday, we've just bought him tickets to see his first ever City game which will be City v Watford. I'm hoping Watford will be relegated by the time we play them so that they just turn up and take their usual good hiding! Knowing my luck it will be a drab 0-1 to them with a suckerpunch goal whilst his cousins watch United turn someone over 5-0 etc :)

Anyway I want to make the day as special as possible for him. We are going to take him to the ground early on, maybe get a shirt from the Club shop and get a programme. Probably the usual stuff really, but can anyone suggest anything that they've done with their kids that can make the day even more special?
Get there early enough to see the players arrive and maybe get an autograph etc

Would recommend getting (free) tickets for the kids zone at the acacdemy before the game, loads going on for kids, 5 a side, test your shot speed, other games too. There’s also a pop up club shop there and they have the trophies on display for you to have pictures with them, all free.

Been a couple of times now and can’t knock it, it’s perfect for the kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.