Talking tactics...

full backs getting caught to far up field allowing forwards to run in behind them and drag our center halfs out of position this is where we are losing most of are goals from especially away from home ok make forward runs but not every single attack

richards dunne ned and given between them have more possession than the rest of the team put together.unfortunately they are not creative footballers and often get into trouble with the predictable square pass.the opposition meanwhile have their whole team back waiting for the inevitable lump forward.Classic lower division stuff.the movement off the ball is not down to laziness imo the players just dont want the ball .for some reason bellamy excepted.The squad should have won more games this year but will never be anything more than mediocre.A whole new team is needed if we are to be a contender for top team status.Ireland and sturridge might still be around as first choice players but the rest are just stopgaps or not good enough for where we want to be .Who ever is manager it is going to be a long slog to undo the amateurish past mismanagement{with the exception of the academy which sadly will become less and less relevant as the need for the finished article becomes essential}. the expectations of the fans will be impossible to meet even if we signed Jesus as manager . On a different note i truly believe drogba should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute . I wont hold my breath as the f a. are utterly unfit for purpose and never knowingly do anything right

bellbuzzer said:
On a different note i truly believe drogba should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute . I wont hold my breath as the f a. are utterly unfit for purpose and never knowingly do anything right

I have never liked that wanker after he scored after a deliberate and disgraceful handball against us - could have been against any team for that matter.

The FA should bring in a retrospective red card for gross ungentlemanly conduct (which would include blatant cheating) and dish them out for obvious occasions where the spirit of the game has been bastardised like this. Carroll should have got one too for not owning up to that outrageous goal that wasn't given which he clawed back into play after it went over a yard over the line, and of course on the international stage it would put paid to utter bollocks like the Maradona goal v Shilton.

Eliminating such blatant cheating (or at least punishing the worst of it) would hold up players and show them as what they are, as all the above are disgraceful incidents, not worthy in a game of football, and utterly unacceptable when they also influence the outcomes.

True, some arses may still try and cheat, but having them red carded after the fact (if the refs miss it) and then punished with say a three match suspension should at least hurt whatever teams are responsible and shame the respective players, officially.

FIFA, not just the FA, should consider doing something about stuff like this, rather than all the fannying around and crap they talk about 6+5 and other stupidities 'to improve' matters - cheating is a scourge of the game, and it should be punished for the worst and most obvious blatant abuses, even if the ref doesn't catch it at first.

Just a reply to the topic:

Organisation/talking on the pitch - if Vincent Kompany is not playing nobody in our team takes the initiative to lead and organise (verbally, visually, leading by example, encouraging, bollocking etc) to the rest of the team! I sit on Row P in the East Stand Level 1, right on the half-way line, and see an excellent view and can hear the players on quieter days (like yesterday) and the only man doing any sort of organisation yesterday was Nigel de Jong - and he is certainly not a senior player of the sqaud! Neither is Kompany but he is very good at it! Is it a co-incidence that we have had a big slump recently (6 games, 1 win, 5 defeats, 2 goals for, 11 against) and it is at a time when Kompany is not in the team or is not fully fit when he is in the team!????

Pretty much sums it up for me. It doesn't always matter how talented your players are as long as you have players willing to talk and organise on the pitch. Doesn't matter if they are senior or new players who do it just that someone does it.
Dunne doesn't inspire anyone to get going especially if we go a goal down and this is what a team needs from a captain either verbally or through example.
I don't like him much but John Terry is always talking to the team on the pitch. I saw him against us last season and he never stops talking, encouraging etc. Other examples, and I know they're far fetched, Henry, Zidane to name a few would lead there teams in example rather than shout and ball and some teams will be inspired by this.

IMO Kompany lead City against Hamburg even when Dunne was on the pitch but it's not enough for one player we need eleven leaders/talkers whatever to motivate the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.