Talksport

It's so tiring how often people get these little differences wrong, in the wording they use, that often make a big difference to what they are saying, isn't it?

I suspect they do know the difference but deliberately misinform people because that's the narrative most people have already bough into and want to believe.

I was surprised to find the Sun highlight the differences, quite accurately and fairly, in this article:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...08/mohammed-bin-salman-wealth-sheikh-mansour/
Most surprising thing is Mansour is now 50. Still looks like he is 15!

Flash Jordan: a chancer who got lucky setting up and selling a phoneshop business who then wasted it all on a vanity project at a football club.

Who cares what he thinks?

The fact that he isn't living a permanent happy retirement but talking bollocks on a radio show for a living tells you all you need to know about this big ego and his lack of judgement.

Believe whilst Ashley didn't invest heavily in infrastructure and players, he left the club in a very good place in the books and I read they could spend around £190m before sales.
They have made profit most years Ashley has been there, financially they are in very good shape and will have plenty to spend before worrying about FFP.

Yep in the last 3 years they made about 29 Million a year = approx 90 Mill
Allowed 105 Million overspend in any 3 year period = 105 + 90 = 195 Million - if you sign players on ammortised 4 year contracts thats close to 800 Million expenditure on players and wages - not unsubstantial.
They'll have to increase their income to 100 Million next year to cover that expenditure so they don't breach the 105 losses set by FFP.
Expect some friendly Saudi Arabian sponsorship from the Saudi tourist board et al.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.