Talksport

Spot on. When i was at the Poly (Didsbury campus) there was a lad on the course (a rag) who loved using long words and half the time he got tangled up with them and was using words completely out of context.
When it came to doing our final 10,000 word thesis, I got a B and he got a D.
He told me his tutor had said he used far too many long words unnecessarily - and in some instances incorrectly - and was down graded accordingly. He said he was told to use simple language.
Yep, it's poor communication if 90% of the mindless audience doesn't understand the point being debated, he really is a pretentious wanker. We can all use words others don't understand but it's not clever, it's bordering on self importance.

I do however like reading @johnevans posts, tonight I learned the meaning of the word "sesquipedalian". John is not trying to be clever, he is clever but chucks the odd super word in for us all to educate ourselves. Jordan tries to bamboozle people with his aberrant polemics! :-)

Franny's lad and author Bill Borrows on Hawksbee and Jacobs in a bit. Talking about the great man's biography, if anyone is interested.
I think I’m right in saying that Bill was heavily involved with the best City fanzine, Blueprint.

I’m sure @Mad Eyed Screamer can confirm this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.