Talksport

Interesting. It's certainly a catchy tune :-)

Presumably via an ad agency. Ostensibly very much a targeted campaign at the white van man market, but I expect it's ultimately aimed at hoping to reel more casual hardware consumers in. I expect you know the answer to that but you may not be able to respond, which I understand.

My ex-wife was a commercial radio programme controller when I met her. It found it a bit of a weird world tbh. Quite artificial and soulless.

You've basically just reverse engineered the brief there GDM.

NDA prevents me from divulging who commissioned the music but I can relate to your impression of commercial radio via your ex-wife. Worked in radio creative for 18 years.

You've basically just reverse engineered the brief there GDM.

NDA prevents me from divulging who commissioned the music but I can relate to your impression of commercial radio via your ex-wife. Worked in radio creative for 18 years.
I find people with idiosyncratic professions fascinating. I'd love to hear about the whole process of creating a commercial advert.

She ran Century Radio in the East Midlands which later turned into Heart. She's got the dubious honour of relieving Kenny Burns, Garry Birtles and Darren Fletcher of their positions when they worked there covering East Midlands football, as the station was aiming at a more female market. That was probably the making of Fletcher tbh, as it forced him to look elsewhere and he landed a job at the BBC soon after. Birtles was a nice guy, but Burns was insufferable with..errr....highly questionable political beliefs. It might not come as too much of a shock to hear he quite liked a drink. Terrible, terrible drunk. I've just recalled he won the national lottery when he was there, which made him even more unbearable. Not a life changing amount, but a decent whack.

It's funny the things you remember.

Just in case you were thinking of having a listen tonight,don't bother. Shrek wankfest. Shaun Derry with the gem "how many times has Rooney carried the England team?"

2004 in the World Cup he was the main man under Sven since then he has been appalling in major international competitions for England scoring all his goals in qualifying games against shite teams..

2004 in the World Cup he was the main man under Sven since then he has been appalling in major international competitions for England scoring all his goals in qualifying games against shite teams..
World Cup was 2002 and 2006.
It was the Euros at Portugal in 04 and he limped out of the tournament (as I think he did in Germany 06??)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.