Talksport

I was in a pub watching. Before Dzeko leveled I was certain Cityitis had struck and we'd snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. When that header went in, and seeing the intent in Serg's eyes as he picked up the ball and carried it running to the centre circle, I had a sudden revelation: we will win this. I just knew. Then when Kun received that desperate pass from a prostrate Mario, ignored Taiwo stepping on his toes and just struck the ball in with conviction, I just fell down in a heap, crying. The game took out everything emotionally, and that was all I could do.

Beautiful.

The bloke who sits next to me slumped to his seat (we were all standing), ranting that they always do this to you, let you down, its always the same etc etc. He was in total despair. I leaned down to console him and literally picked him up off his seat and pointed him at the action as the ball broke to Mario, then Sergio, then... well as they say the rest is history.

Fellow blues, a couple of brothers who watched us through our dark times and one of them never lost his soul for City even though he emigrated to Canada watched, shaking with anticipation and wonderment on the internet when Aguerro struck it in. He was shaking with disbelief, amazement and joy.

The odds on the narrative of that day ever bring repeated, against the backgdrop of how we got there, especially over the last six games, between two rivals from the same metropolitan area, are so slim as to say with some confidence it could never, ever be repeated. Not in that manner.

Winning the league in that fashion, on goal difference, against your local rivals, is as good as it gets.

So, so privileged to be there that day. It was one of the greatest ever moments in sporting history.

I'm sure a documentary film will be made about that season sometime soon. It had absolutely everything.

Need to keep away from this thread, May 2012 and just reading about it still gives me goosebumps.

What a day it was, I too was pretty unmoved by Edin's goal....... And a little more animated when Kun scored ;)

The highlight was after the game, walking round from 117 past the back of the South Stand to meet my lad at City Square, as I got to the exit on the far side of where the aways go I looked at the exit and my lad was just walking out, it was almost like nobody else was around but still packed, our eyes met. It was our moment.

His first s/c was the Pearce season so he knows how bad we've been...just.

The odds on the narrative of that day ever bring repeated, against the backgdrop of how we got there, especially over the last six games, between two rivals from the same metropolitan area, are so slim as to say with some confidence it could never, ever be repeated. Not in that manner.

Winning the league in that fashion, on goal difference, against your local rivals, is as good as it gets.

So, so privileged to be there that day. It was one of the greatest ever moments in sporting history.

I'm sure a documentary film will be made about that season sometime soon. It had absolutely everything.

No it won't. BBC are making a documentary about the Rags glorious 4th place last season though.

They just had a European football journalist on talking about Belgium. Everything i can tell on their game the other night was that KDB starred as he scored one and set up another in their 3-1 win. However their so called expert when asked about KDB said he scored a lucky bobbler over Buffon and no mention of his assist. Then when asked about Hazard he said he looked back to his best and had an assist is a very good performance.

They don't even try to hide their dislike for anything City related.

The bloke who sits next to me slumped to his seat (we were all standing), ranting that they always do this to you, let you down, its always the same etc etc. He was in total despair. I leaned down to console him and literally picked him up off his seat and pointed him at the action as the ball broke to Mario, then Sergio, then... well as they say the rest is history.
Did the same with a bald fella having a 'typical City' building our hopes up rant in front of me. (Remember, I think Mancini and/or Khaldoon had declared that phrase gone forever earlier in the season). He'd had enough. I was front row level with the 18 yard area for Dickov'so goal and could only say to him 'remember Gillingham'.
Dzecko's header went in and when Sergio got the ball I just found myself concentrating really hard to make sure it went in.
Four rows from the pitch this time and slap bang behind the net, I ate that goal full on and my god, it was delicious!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.