Talksport

Yep in the last 3 years they made about 29 Million a year = approx 90 Mill
Allowed 105 Million overspend in any 3 year period = 105 + 90 = 195 Million - if you sign players on ammortised 4 year contracts thats close to 800 Million expenditure on players and wages - not unsubstantial.
They'll have to increase their income to 100 Million next year to cover that expenditure so they don't breach the 105 losses set by FFP.
Expect some friendly Saudi Arabian sponsorship from the Saudi tourist board et al.

Nice summary …. Thanks

Believe whilst Ashley didn't invest heavily in infrastructure and players, he left the club in a very good place in the books and I read they could spend around £190m before sales.
Fair enough, but the hard work will be getting star players to actually go to Newcastle. I think it will be a lot harder for them than it was for us.

Has Gordon Smart replaced that twat Goldstein? If so then I can listen to drive again.

Yep in the last 3 years they made about 29 Million a year = approx 90 Mill
Allowed 105 Million overspend in any 3 year period = 105 + 90 = 195 Million - if you sign players on ammortised 4 year contracts thats close to 800 Million expenditure on players and wages - not unsubstantial.
They'll have to increase their income to 100 Million next year to cover that expenditure so they don't breach the 105 losses set by FFP.
Expect some friendly Saudi Arabian sponsorship from the Saudi tourist board et al.
They’re going to need to be very careful. The players they need to buy to keep them up won’t be the players required for the next level. To attract the initial group transfer fees and wages will be hiked. They will then need to get those off the books to push on, it won’t be easy. Also, the amortisation of players if a club goes balls deep in one window means their spending in those amortised contract years diminishes as they will be committed to hefty write downs and wages from year 2 on. As you say, Sponsorships will be a huge factor, let’s hope they are as forensically examined as ours were.

Edit, I know they’re not in there with guesswork but they will soon realise they’re not welcome at the top table, especially from the Yank owned clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.