Tall central midfielder

Akira

Watching how Rodwell played today gave me a thought.

Recently, we have been linked with Fellaini and we bought Javi Garcia and Rodwell, who are all tall central midfielders. With the exception of Garcia, Rodwell and Fellaini are capable of attacking the box in open play with their height.

I know our team often lacks height and looks to a striker in the style of Dzeko as Plan B, but could this be our team's compromise and set-up in the end? To continue playing our 'midgets' (forgive me for lack of a more descriptive word for our attackers, I love them, btw), and still have an alternative threat.

I'm not saying we're gonna sign Fellaini, but looking at the way Rodwell consistently roamed forward to head the ball against Chelsea gave me this thought. Are we aiming for a tall, central midfielder?

If this is not our plan, could we use this as our Plan B, which directly integrates itself within our Plan A?

If we are going to play 5 in midfield then we need the replacement of the 2nd striker to get forward and offer something in attack, to make up for having only one striker. Rodwell did this well today, and he will get better.

Fellani would be an excellent signing. We need to play 4-5-1 more often, especially in Europe; we've just not had the players to do it.

This is definately looking like a good formation for the future in certain games.
Whether we need another tall midfield player I am not sure. We have three already and as they get more games, Rodwell and Garcia are looking useful.
They are both comfortable on the ball and offer more going forward than NJD did.
All in all, we are getting more flexibility in our play but I think the money needs to be spent elsewhere.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
If we are going to play 5 in midfield then we need the replacement of the 2nd striker to get forward and offer something in attack, to make up for having only one striker. Rodwell did this well today, and he will get better.

Fellani would be an excellent signing. We need to play 4-5-1 more often, especially in Europe; we've just not had the players to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.