Taxi Tarriffs

Clubber

Under your bed, playing Monopoly with the Bogeyman
Recently i have been in taxi's, and mini buses especially, and have notice the tarriff number.

A couple of times i've notice it on 4+. Has anyone any idea of this tarriff system, as it seems too change at will, and depending on the driver, not times of night or day, as you would expect.

I'm not having a good at taxi drivers, but i would like to know when i am getting unfairly ripped off.

They are all robbing bastards. I got a mini cab to a wedding and used the same firm to come home. There was a difference of a few quid in the 3 mile journey. The driver who took us home explained that because we lived in a decent area, some drivers add their own little tax.
He was really pissed off that the first driver had charged an extra few quid and got away with it.
I got the impression that had he known where we where going before setting the meter, he would have ripped us off too.

Robbing cunts

Private Hire and Hackney can charge different rates.
As an ex cabbie I will try my best to explain, but this is not a general rule as some companies and boroughs do use different tarif schemes

Private Hire
Tarif 1 cars - generally from 6am to midnight
Tarif 2 cars - midnight to 6am
Tarif 3 cars - Xmas eve/dayboxing day/ NYE/NYD

Minibus 1 - Same as car
2 - Same as car
3 - Minibus rate (5+ passengers) tarif 1
4 - Minibus afer midnight

Hackney.
Can be much the same as PH but can charge extra per passenger and have been known to charge for suitcases.

Some firms have a minimum fare which is the same within a certain distance from your pick up point eg 1 mile before the meter actually starts rolling.

A driver should be able to explain the reason of the tarif the meter is on and how that tarif charges

Big G said:
Private Hire and Hackney can charge different rates.
As an ex cabbie I will try my best to explain, but this is not a general rule as some companies and boroughs do use different tarif schemes

Private Hire

Minibus 1 - Same as car
2 - Same as car

Hackney.
Can be much the same as PH but can charge extra per passenger and have been known to charge for suitcases.

Some firms have a minimum fare which is the same within a certain distance from your pick up point eg 1 mile before the meter actually starts rolling.

A driver should be able to explain the reason of the tarif the meter is on and how that tarif charges

Does this mean if the is more than 5 in the minibus, it should be on tarrif 4?

Clubber said:
Big G said:
Private Hire

Minibus 1 - Same as car
2 - Same as car

Does this mean if the is more than 5 in the minibus, it should be on tarrif 4?

We had it 5-8 passengers tarif 3 till midnite, then tarif 4 midnite till 6am,
The minibuses that could carry more than 8 passengers run on a price per person, it was some daft way to get round the licencing of is it private hire/coach.

The thing i have problems with in Manchester is some hackney drivers hear my accent and think "tourist to rip off," not realising that I have been going to the same spots in Manchester for many years and know my way from town to these spots pretty well.
About four or five years ago i got a cab from the back of the Arndale to the Birch in Gorton (which later became out of the blue),
Driver got out the A-Z and started asking wear i was going, he then drove around for a bit (in the wrong direction), then phoned his mate, drove around a bit more, before i eventually got him on the right road, when he pulled up outside the pub he then tried to charge me £15 for what should have been a £4 fare, i had the door opened and handed him a £5er saying that it wasnt my fault he didnt know his route.
It would be interesting to know if the Satnav has stopped this sort of fraud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.