Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

I'm afraid Eric Garcia will always be first in Peps mind. Just check out the handshake, obviously both masons.

Disagree. I've heard that the pats on the butt on the pitch during training and in the locker room favor THB by a large margin.

Don't really understand this attempt by some fans to make it a battle between Garcia and Bellis.
Both are very young , have great potential, and may make it at City. If not they will have great careers elsewhere.
Some , were trying to get first team games for Tosin 2 years ago, same folks.
I have high hopes for both, and both could have great futures , hopefully in the same team. They will not play for the first team as some type of experiment, then drift off to Division one, they will play if they are ready for the stringent demands of first team football.

Don't really understand this attempt by some fans to make it a battle between Garcia and Bellis.
Both are very young , have great potential, and may make it at City. If not they will have great careers elsewhere.
Some , were trying to get first team games for Tosin 2 years ago, same folks.
I have high hopes for both, and both could have great futures , hopefully in the same team. They will not play for the first team as some type of experiment, then drift off to Division one, they will play if they are ready for the stringent demands of first team football.

That would be you then, as nobody else, at all, is making it a 'battle'.

THB is physically more dominant & better in the air, Garcia is the more clever footballer. THB possibly has an early advantage of getting a first team place sooner, due to his physicality & that he looks 'almost' strong enough & dominant enough to be able to cope with a genuine Premier League attacker, in fact it's sometimes difficult to notice a difference between him & the senior players wheras Garcia, may, still need to improve in that area, before he could be a genuine contender, as he had to sometimes have a senior player taking his position to win headers when he played last season is all.

No idea why anyone has to try & make more of it than that.

THB is physically more dominant & better in the air, Garcia is the more clever footballer. THB possibly has an early advantage of getting a first team place sooner, due to his physicality & that he looks 'almost' strong enough & dominant enough to be able to cope with a genuine Premier League attacker, in fact it's sometimes difficult to notice a difference between him & the senior players wheras Garcia, may, still need to improve in that area, before he could be a genuine contender, as he had to sometimes have a senior player taking his position to win headers when he played last season is all.

I am glad you agree with me then, that the "moving ahead in the pecking order" discussion I read in the previous pages is nonsense.

I am glad you agree with me then, that the "moving ahead in the pecking order" discussion I read in the previous pages is nonsense.

It's not 'nonsense' if THB has now caught Pep's eye, due to playing in the first team.

Had Garcia been on the trip, Pep may have used him instead & not seen THB play so much amongst the senior players. Therefore THB has probably got closer to an early first team selection than he might have been.

I would select him ahead of Garcia in an important game, but would prefer not to have to select either at this stage & just use tham when it's 'safe'.

You saved me having to go back to find this non-existent 'battle' :)

I'm hoping we don't replace Vinny which could have the effect of fast tracking both of them.

You saved me having to go back to find this non-existent 'battle' :)

I'm hoping we don't replace Vinny which could have the effect of fast tracking both of them.

Look a little closer, it is a fans opinion who is ahead Bellis or Garcia, which one is closer to the first team, your opinion or @domalino Or @Neville Kneville , I have not heard anyone at the club, pep, or any coach, say one is ahead of the other. It would be totally counter productive.
By all means have your little chat of who you think is ahead or closer to the team, but stop writing it as though it is a fact, it is your opinion, the manager will decide if one, or both can play in the team.
If you want to make more of the word "battle , so be it. The sentiment is the same.
Both have a long way to go, I hope they both manage it.
Now , you can get back to your discussion, of which is closer to the first team.
Both the abovementioned were trying to get Tosin in the first team 2 years ago.

Look a little closer, it is a fans opinion who is ahead Bellis or Garcia, which one is closer to the first team, your opinion or @domalino Or @Neville Kneville , I have not heard anyone at the club, pep, or any coach, say one is ahead of the other. It would be totally counter productive.
By all means have your little chat of who you think is ahead or closer to the team, but stop writing it as though it is a fact, it is your opinion, the manager will decide if one, or both can play in the team.
If you want to make more of the word "battle , so be it. The sentiment is the same.
Now , you can get back to your discussion, of which is closer to the first team.
Heat getting to you bud because you seem to be looking for an argument where there is none.

I've only seen people expressing opinions (do I need to capitalise the word for you?) on both and I don't think anyone has found either particularly lacking. Yes, they both have their own strengths but again the discussion appears to have been exclusively about which is possibly closer to the 1st team than the other. The only one arguing appears to be yourself.

Heat getting to you bud because you seem to be looking for an argument where there is none.

I've only seen people expressing opinions (do I need to capitalise the word for you?) on both and I don't think anyone has found either particularly lacking. Yes, they both have their own strengths but again the discussion appears to have been exclusively about which is possibly closer to the 1st team than the other. The only one arguing appears to be yourself.

Don't know where you are but it's pissing down here-;) Bud.

It's not 'nonsense' if THB has now caught Pep's eye, due to playing in the first team.

Had Garcia been on the trip, Pep may have used him instead & not seen THB play so much amongst the senior players. Therefore THB has probably got closer to an early first team selection than he might have been.

I would select him ahead of Garcia in an important game, but would prefer not to have to select either at this stage & just use tham when it's 'safe'.

I'm going to go against the flow and actually say it is a battle of sorts. Doyle and Bernabe are probably in a similar one.

Next season we aren't going to go with Stones, Laporte and the 2 kids. Realistically we will buy another CB if Nico goes and 1 of the kids will be 4th choice. The other is either going to be still in the reserved or out on loan.

Similarly we probably have squad space/game time for 1 kid at the #8 position, playing a role similar to Foden's the past 2 years. One of Doyle and Bernabe will take that spot, the other might have to go on loan.

Realistically we can have 1 or 2 kids at different positions coming through at a time in the squad while still having a deep enough first team to compete for 4 titles and playing everyone including the kids enough to be worthwhile and stay happy. If we have more talented kids than spaces, they are competing with each other for those spots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.