Team arriving at Glasgow Aiport - LOL at Bellamy

1_barry_conlon said:
citymad said:
Fair play to the Rangers fan aswell, he took it really well. Good bloke!!!

We met the team coming out of their hotel yesterday, conveniently across the road from the local Wetherspoons. Anyway couldn't fault any of the players except one, as we got them to sign autographs for 3 young Rangers fans. Stand up Martin Petrov as you are one miserable bastard and didn't have time for anyone. Well done!

Totally disagree. At the end of the open training seession today, he waited behind whilst everyone was walking through the tunnell and went over to a little boy who had a city shirt with Petrov on the back, picked him up and took him on the pitch in front of everyone to kick a ball. The guy didn't have to do that. What an absolute diamond!!!

Norbit Nimrod said:
1_barry_conlon said:
We met the team coming out of their hotel yesterday, conveniently across the road from the local Wetherspoons. Anyway couldn't fault any of the players except one, as we got them to sign autographs for 3 young Rangers fans. Stand up Martin Petrov as you are one miserable bastard and didn't have time for anyone. Well done!

Totally disagree. At the end of the open training seession today, he waited behind whilst everyone was walking through the tunnell and went over to a little boy who had a city shirt with Petrov on the back, picked him up and took him on the pitch in front of everyone to kick a ball. The guy didn't have to do that. What an absolute diamond!!!

Didn't it say on the website that there wouldn't be any conversing with players anyway?

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8186533.stm

Bellamy is fast becoming a favourite of mine.

A master stroke by Martin O'Neill to sign Bellamy for Celtic at the end of January 2005. Loved him then and love him now having followed his career since he left Paradise. I hope he features regularly for Blues this season (injuries permitting!). It was ironic that the Rangers fans (The Pee-pel) booed Bellers and and Given but didn't target the other 2 Irish boys in Superman & Dunnie?! Ignorance or stupidity?!

a masterstroke.......lol celtic lost the league that year to a poor rangers side

so yes it was a masterstroke if you are a gers fan

1_barry_conlon said:
citymad said:
Fair play to the Rangers fan aswell, he took it really well. Good bloke!!!

in fairness i reckon petrovs attitude on the pitch stinks too. when he loses the ball he just sulks. i dont mind it if a player is shit but i hate it when clearly someone has the talent but his effort is way off. especially for the money he gets paid.

bluebear said:
CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
A master stroke by Martin O'Neill to sign Bellamy for Celtic at the end of January 2005. Loved him then and love him now having followed his career since he left Paradise. I hope he features regularly for Blues this season (injuries permitting!). It was ironic that the Rangers fans (The Pee-pel) booed Bellers and and Given but didn't target the other 2 Irish boys in Superman & Dunnie?! Ignorance or stupidity?!

Think its because Given said he supported Celtic when he was young before the game, id imagine the club would have been in for fines if they were targeting players just because of their nationality

I take it you're not too familiar with the complexities of the Celtic/Rangers rivalry my young friend? If they can get away with singing "We're up to our necks in Fenian blood surrender or you'll die" every game I don't think a bit of booing will result in fines.

m27 said:
bluebear said:
Think its because Given said he supported Celtic when he was young before the game, id imagine the club would have been in for fines if they were targeting players just because of their nationality

I take it you're not too familiar with the complexities of the Celtic/Rangers rivalry my young friend? If they can get away with singing "We're up to our necks in Fenian blood surrender or you'll die" every game I don't think a bit of booing will result in fines.
Spot on. He wasn't being booed because he supported Celtic as a lad. Things are, er, "different" in Glasgow.

davymcfc said:
1_barry_conlon said:
in fairness i reckon petrovs attitude on the pitch stinks too. when he loses the ball he just sulks. i dont mind it if a player is shit but i hate it when clearly someone has the talent but his effort is way off. especially for the money he gets paid.
To be fair to Petrov. Last season when we were all singing Shauny wright, wright, wright. To the ballboy, Pet was warming up and having the craic with the lad and the supporters.
Maybe he is a moody bastard, but for me he's always been a positive influence on the pitch.

glasgowpeter1 said:
CelticBhoyCityBlue said:

a masterstroke.......lol celtic lost the league that year to a poor rangers side

so yes it was a masterstroke if you are a gers fan

Typical hun mongo on a City forum doing his nosey. If you had more grey matter rather than a few verses of the Sash going on up top in your narrow mind, you would have realised that given Scottish football was/is so poor it was a real coup to get a player of Bellamy's calibre up to play in the SPL. Yes they went on to hand you shower the league, although the Tic then went on to win the next 3!!! Maybe with the Irish boys in the City side along with Bellamy, plus some of the failed youths from Platt Lane, Killen, Flood, and the Greek God (?!) Samaras playing at Paradise we can put an end the supposed link with Rags and open some of the neanderthal supporters minds?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.