Team for Stoke...

paul_blue said:
-------------Given-------------
Zab----Lescott--Kompany----Bridge

SWP---De Jong--Ireland---Bellers

--------Roque----Ade-----------

Although I can't see Mancini dropping Barry

As a Stoke fan i think that's the line-up i'd fear the most with possibly the exception of Barry in for Ireland as he's bang out of form isn't he? Plus Richards in for Zabaleta may be wise to give you more clout at defending our set pieces.

Tricky_Rici said:
paul_blue said:
-------------Given-------------
Zab----Lescott--Kompany----Bridge

SWP---De Jong--Ireland---Bellers

--------Roque----Ade-----------

Although I can't see Mancini dropping Barry

As a Stoke fan i think that's the line-up i'd fear the most with possibly the exception of Barry in for Ireland as he's bang out of form isn't he? Plus Richards in for Zabaleta may be wise to give you more clout at defending our set pieces.

Interesting you should say that, as I too would have Gareth Barry in there, but at the expense of RSC. I rate Stevie Ireland and think he needs a run of games. You also make a good point about Richards for Zabaleta.

smiles said:
We need to put out our biggest most physical team.

---------------------given-----------------------
Richards--kompany--lescott--bridge
-----Ibrahim---dejong----barry-------
-------------------Ireland----------------------
--------Ade-------------------Rsc------------

Ireland can act as a roving playmaker confident in the players behind him.

IRELAND?!
did u not see how badly he played on sunday!

Off topic but can't start my own, who is the rocky version of bluemoon that ricky hatton and city come out to by?

hgblue said:
Tricky_Rici said:

Interesting you should say that, as I too would have Gareth Barry in there, but at the expense of RSC. I rate Stevie Ireland and think he needs a run of games. You also make a good point about Richards for Zabaleta.

Bellamy and SWP out wide are the two that scare me. Lumping long balls to Adebayor and RSC "shouldn't" cause us too many problems but "if" those pair can get round the back of our weak full backs you'll definitely cause us a lot of trouble. I'd be a lot more comfortable with Barry on the left and Bellamy up front as Barry's not quick or tricky enough and as we sit very deep when we don't have the ball i'm not sure Bellamy would find enough room to use his pace.

Tricky_Rici said:
hgblue said:

Bellamy and SWP out wide are the two that scare me. Lumping long balls to Adebayor and RSC "shouldn't" cause us too many problems but "if" those pair can get round the back of our weak full backs you'll definitely cause us a lot of trouble. I'd be a lot more comfortable with Barry on the left and Bellamy up front as Barry's not quick or tricky enough and as we sit very deep when we don't have the ball i'm not sure Bellamy would find enough room to use his pace.

You don't mind giving Roberto a quick ring do you?

If it goes to penalties, who are your likely takers?

Could be a long shootout if it happened. I've heard a few people on here express confidence in Given as a penalty stopper on account of his shot stopping ability, while Sorensen has saved something daft like 4 penalties this season (plus one extra from the Androgynous Wonder for Denmark against Portugal).

MysticalDescent said:
If it goes to penalties, who are your likely takers?

Could be a long shootout if it happened. I've heard a few people on here express confidence in Given as a penalty stopper on account of his shot stopping ability, while Sorensen has saved something daft like 4 penalties this season (plus one extra from the Androgynous Wonder for Denmark against Portugal).

Barry, Ade, Bellers, SWP, Shay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.