Team of the decade

Amazed that you don't consider Sterling worth at least an honourable mention. 23, 25 and 31 goals three seasons in a row at his peak. Who else has done anything like that other than Aguero?
That’s a good shout. I think I was influenced by last season and this but at his best in those three seasons he was scoring one in two games which is good for a striker and fantastic for someone who isn’t an out and out striker. Close choice between him and Tevez.

Amazed that you don't consider Sterling worth at least an honourable mention. 23, 25 and 31 goals three seasons in a row at his peak. Who else has done anything like that other than Aguero?
Sterling could score 50 goals and get 50 assists this season people would still hate on him.

Rather than start a new thread in case no one's interested, I thought I'd use this one to see what people's opinions are for a City Team of the Decade choosing players at their peak.
My selection would be:

Aguero Tevez
Yaya KDB Silva
Fernandinho
Clichy Dias Kompany Walker
Ederson

Full backs were most difficult with a difficult choice between Walker, Zaba and Richards on the right and Clichy, Kolarov, Zinchenko and Cancelo on the left. In a couple of years I suspect Foden would need to be added and Bernardo was difficult to leave off. Barry would also be a contender for the DM slot but I think Fern gets that.

Team of the decade would indicate 2010-2019 yet you've included Dias who we signed in 2020. Unless your decade runs from our title winning season of course.

Rather than start a new thread in case no one's interested, I thought I'd use this one to see what people's opinions are for a City Team of the Decade choosing players at their peak.
My selection would be:

Aguero Tevez
Yaya KDB Silva
Fernandinho
Clichy Dias Kompany Walker
Ederson

Full backs were most difficult with a difficult choice between Walker, Zaba and Richards on the right and Clichy, Kolarov, Zinchenko and Cancelo on the left. In a couple of years I suspect Foden would need to be added and Bernardo was difficult to leave off. Barry would also be a contender for the DM slot but I think Fern gets that.
I cannot argue too much with your selections but, as an actual team, I think it lacks quality in attacking from the flanks as both Walker and Clichy are better defending than attacking. Just seeing the names Aguero and Tevez makes me a bit sad about our current striking options. Who would you have on the bench. Assuming five my list would be.

Hart
Zabba
KdB
Bernado
Sterling

I cannot argue too much with your selections but, as an actual team, I think it lacks quality in attacking from the flanks as both Walker and Clichy are better defending than attacking. Just seeing the names Aguero and Tevez makes me a bit sad about our current striking options. Who would you have on the bench. Assuming five my list would be.

Hart
Zabba
KdB
Bernado
Sterling
Probably have Barry on the bench instead of KDB as he's in the team. Might even have Balo as a last 10 minute impact sub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.