Teams not ready for the new season or something else ?

Crazy schedule, no preparations, no fans, little motivation without fans, meaningless international games and no rest for 2 years due to the Euros/Copa America.

The title is wide open, there will be a lot of weird and crazy results the longer the season goes on.

From what I've seen the officiating has been improved. Some bad on field decisions have been corrected. It's possible that they could have been overturned and produced the same results with last years VAR, but with the onfield ref making the decisions to change his mind it seems more accountable.

I don't see any evidence of any players being unfit. I haven't seen any player blowing hard even at the end of games. I watched Palace v Utd, yet I didn't see any Utd players out on their feet even though palace had an extra week.

I don't know what the reason is for all the extra goals, it just seems there have been an awful lot of defensive mistakes.

The lack of crowds may also have had an impact potentially, maybe players (defensive ones) are taking more risks knowing they aren't going to be howled at if they get it wrong.

The schedule is so crowded that many players will burn out as the season progresses.

In theory, City should benefit as we have lots of quality players to rotate.

I would guess though that the likes of Scousepool will drop out of the League Cup and FA Cup at the earliest oportunity, thereby reducing the fixture congestion.

Well, no one can argue its not more exciting to watch, therefore better. It's a good thing in my opinion

The absence of crowds means a lack of intensity. Some tackles that would have been made in front of a baying crowd aren't being made, players who would normally suffer under pressure are less effected and, all in all, it's a game of football but a parody of the real thing.

Well, no one can argue its not more exciting to watch, therefore better. It's a good thing in my opinion

There’s an axis for “entertainment” and an axis for “quality,” and we’re firmly in the “high-entertainment, low-quality” quadrant here.

A Sunday league 5-5 draw with a punch-up at the end is entertaining, but you don’t see many people attending to watch it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.