Techno - new and classic tracks

Not sure if they technically fit into "Techno" but here we go

Yeah, you’re into that techno vs trance crossover there aren’t you, but the “labelism” and all the sub-genres in dance/electronic music over the years all got a bit ridiculous imho - and those are all belting tracks anyway, which sound great in a club!

That ref to Peel reminds me, he used to champion some of the types of techno that put others off, some of the really “uncool” types of stuff. Thinking of the kind of tunes that were big in the harder clubs of Scotland, the north and the midlands.

Here’s one, sends me straight back to Club Kinetic at Longton Leisure Bowl on a Friday night.
Scott Brown was the peak of all that tartan techno scene for me, responsible for so so many tracks.
Stu Allan used to hammer this one too… Bass Reaction:

Good thread for me this. Love a bit of techno, especially ’00s era. That was a great decade for techno. Was in Sankeys a few times a month for years back then, plus Warehouse Project when it was good down at Store Street in the Winter months.

Here’s a mini three track playlist, TURN IT UP!…

Starting relaxed and minimal with Mark Ernestus ‘Mark Ernestus meets BBC’:

A bit livelier with this big tune, Sian ‘Wear Your Scars Like Medals’:

And ending with Linkwood ‘Object’. It begins quite intense and moody but gets more dreamy through the second half of the track:

Last edited:
Good thread for me this. Love a bit of techno, especially ’00s era. That was a great decade for techno. Was in Sankeys a few times a month for years back then, plus Warehouse Project when it was good down at Store Street in the Winter months.

Here’s a mini three track playlist, TURN IT UP!…

Starting relaxed and minimal with Mark Ernestus ‘Mark Ernestus meets BBC’:

A bit livelier with this big tune, Sian ‘Wear Your Scars Like Medals’:

And ending with Linkwood ‘Object’. It begins quite intense and moody but gets more dreamy through the second half of the track:

That Sian track is a bit of a headfuck with the cans on! Love it.
Cheers for those - post again on here :-)

I think I was told this track originates from 83 though I know it from later. If it was from 83, it’s pushing it a bit but the sounds and excitement levels are incredible esp for back then so I’m gonna call it techno :-)

Steve Poindexter. Legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.