Teeth grinding and mouth cuts

hilts

Bit odd this but I’m sure someone must have suffered or have info, why would someone suddenly grind their teeth and chew the inside of their mouth during sleep. Went to the dentists for gum pain and he asked how long I have been grinding my teeth and that I have trauma ie rip in lower mouth. Seriously wtf!

Known technically as Bruxism - might help you find more info if you use that as a search term.

If you haven't read this already, check out the causes. Stress and anxiety is one of them.

Did he discuss using a night guard?

My Mrs has this.
She had to get a mouth guard made to reduce the damage.
Oddly all three of my three adult kids do it too!

Known technically as Bruxism - might help you find more info if you use that as a search term.

If you haven't read this already, check out the causes. Stress and anxiety is one of them.

Did he discuss using a night guard?

It was a bit of an emergency thing I haven’t been to the dentist for ages thought it was an abscess or something until he mentioned a huge cut and an X-ray showed teeth grinding. I always thought people who were stressed were aware of it. Mouthwash to heal jobs a good until I have the cut in exactly the same place again.

Bit odd this but I’m sure someone must have suffered or have info, why would someone suddenly grind their teeth and chew the inside of their mouth during sleep. Went to the dentists for gum pain and he asked how long I have been grinding my teeth and that I have trauma ie rip in lower mouth. Seriously wtf!
Over thinking it’s quite common, but you can get a gum shield made for your sleep

Over thinking it’s quite common, but you can get a gum shield made for your sleep

Get guards off Amazon, put in hot water to shape/fit....Dentist will charge alot, I had hard and soft one from dentist and bit through both within couple of weeks!
Not nice waking up in morning with 5/6 bits of shattered plastic (or whatever made from) in your mouth....the hard ones from dentist are a fuckin choke hazard!! The soft ones far too easy to bite through ;) .......your money end of day, waste a lot at dentist or get better for around £10/15 for pack of 3 on Amazon.

Get guards off Amazon, put in hot water to shape/fit....Dentist will charge alot, I had hard and soft one from dentist and bit through both within couple of weeks!
Not nice waking up in morning with 5/6 bits of shattered plastic (or whatever made from) in your mouth....the hard ones from dentist are a fuckin choke hazard!! The soft ones far too easy to bite through ;) .......your money end of day, waste a lot at dentist or get better for around £10/15 for pack of 3 on Amazon.

Cheers for that mate. Do you adjust and eventually get rid of the need to have them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.