temporary anonymous posting

Plmokn

This is just an idea, but for the post match thread initially, when there may be bad tempers due to losing (sometimes!),
can people post anonymously.
Use names like user 1, user 2 attached to a post, if people want to reply to the user who posted.
Only those who have registered over 1 year ago can post, to stop day trippers on the wind up.
I just would like posts to reflect how members think at the time, instead of worrying whether a post would see them as a hypocrite based on previous postings. And for a post to be seen on its merit rather than the person posting.
Maybe trial it just for the one thread (or even the match thread).

Maybe a more reddit style system would suit, the most popular post to the top (agree or disagree, instead of 500 posts of yes, no, maybe, rag). This would probably need a complete forum rewrite so not much hope of this.
Am i overthinking this? i am a fan of the reddit forum style. Please point out glaring faults to my idea.

I just stay in off topic when we lose. Far too many hissy fits occurring when we lose. There is nothing more fickle than a football fan.
Week to week players change from club legend to not fit to wear the shirt

i suppose its fueled by a desire for the reddit style system. i would love to read 37 pages of opinions but theres a lot of repetition.

I just stay in off topic when we lose. Far too many hissy fits occurring when we lose. There is nothing more fickle than a football fan.
Week to week players change from club legend to not fit to wear the shirt
I just stay off the site when we lose, it's less stressful.

Perhaps a better idea would be for a mod to start a post match thread in the main forum but to block all new threads in there for at least 12 hours. It would put a stop to the endless negative threads, most of which seem to be 'look at me' threads.

i suppose its fueled by a desire for the reddit style system. i would love to read 37 pages of opinions but theres a lot of repetition.
Problem with reddit style is that it doesn't really promote discussion much in any topic where there's lots of people posting. It's why I avoid it these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.