Tennis Thread

I think it was disproven ages ago. It was a Frankie Boyle joke that people took as fact, a bit like the old John Lennon joke about Ringo not even being the best drummer in the Beatles from A Hard day's Night.
It's amazing how easily led people are. Kinda like how everyone has just gone along with that Marmite advert and now insist that they either love or hate it. I'm sure there are loads of people who think it's just alright.

It's amazing how easily led people are. Kinda like how everyone has just gone along with that Marmite advert and now insist that they either love or hate it. I'm sure there are loads of people who think it's just alright.

Or a closer example could be how many people hated Murray for being "Anti-English" from an interview with Henman where they was bantering about Scotland never qualifying for anything and asking who he will support in the world cup, which Murray then joked he would be supporting anyone thats playing England, which a lot of papers ran with whipping up a frenzy missing the context.

To this day I still see people go on about.

Or a closer example could be how many people hated Murray for being "Anti-English" from an interview with Henman where they was bantering about Scotland never qualifying for anything and asking who he will support in the world cup, which Murray then joked he would be supporting anyone thats playing England, which a lot of papers ran with whipping up a frenzy missing the context.

To this day I still see people go on about.
That’s so true. He really didn’t recover from that. Some
of the things he gets criticised for are unreal.

I find it strange, in this day and age, that still so many people find it hard to accept or allow someone to suggest that they have a mental health issue. Nobody would bat an eyelid if a player was physically injured but the moment that someone, especially one earning substantial sums, suggests that they need time out, they are castigated in the RW press and by a section of the populous.

We have to be more accepting, in my view. As an educator working with young people, the pressure on them is immense. There is no chance of escape, no freedom to be absent, and constant pressure to conform to the standards of the day that ebb and flow with the mood of the latest celebrity social media post.

Personally, if you need time out and you say that you are struggling a little, who am I to say that you are not?

Yeah - people bottle it all up and end up taking their own lives and people ask why didn't they make it known and seek help? People do make it public and seek help and get called weak and a liar - they can't win.

She really seems like a superstar in the making. Incredibly talented and already seems like a natural infront of the media. Great for women’s tennis that our talent is going to fully take over from the men’s game in this country and all the exposure that goes with it. Post the Henman and then Murray eras, it looks like we are set for the Raducanu era. Best of luck to her.
No pressure then. I have watched and played tennis for more decades that I am happy about and in my opinion she is the real deal.

Obviously it is easy to get carried away but she seems to have been in a different zone whenever I have watched her, which admittedly is only a few times but she sends shivers down my spine at how good she could be.

Going to be watching tomorrow to see what happens next.

True, and apparently only arise after you have been refused permission to miss press conferences.
Sorry, but there is an element of manipulation here.
A really fascinating topic. Much to discuss although probably for another thread. I am genuinely keen in hearing people's thoughts but not here. You should start a thread and I would be keen to participate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.