Terry Venables RIP

Football manager, author and singer, el Tel could do it all. Great manager/coach will be sadly missed. He should have coached England a lot longer than he did but as usual the suit's preferred a less controversial character much to the detriment of the national side.

Always seemed a great character enjoyed his insight not that you necessarily heard it much, he even made it all the way to Barca as manager which goes to show how highly regarded he was.

Best England have played in my lifetime was under him but the FA had already decided before Euro 96 that he'd be going, similar situation as Bobby Robson after Italia 90 both of them knew that they weren't staying on after the tournament.

It's a shame he didn't have the golden generation in his grasp I reckon his tactical nous, plus sense of adventure it would've made them click and unlike Sven he actually played adventurous football.

He learned a lot from Allison didn't he? Big Mal took him under his wing early if I recall while he was still playing knowing he'd make a great coach/manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.