Tevez - alone or partnered?

Op good post. I have been thinking this for a while but couldn't be arsed posting it so u saved me the hassle. As much as I think ade is a great player we clearly play better when tevez is there alone with bellamy on the left and another like swp petrov or Johnson on the right. This is how we played when Mancini took over as ade was injured then he went to acon. As soon as ade came back tevez became quiet in the team and then sadly had to go home for a few weeks. Then things went bad. I said to a friend after wed night at Stoke that ades sending off might be a blessing in disguise. If we play the same team as today bringing in swp vieira and the likes as cover but keeping that 11 mostly fit I think we will be hard to beat. But I fear that after 3 more games ade will come on simply because he is tall and the general consensus seems to be you need to be tall to be the lone front man. But let's be honest does ade actually win anything in the air. In short I agree keep tevez alone with ade on bench

he could be even better with torres next to him, now that would be frightening. At the mo however he takes the bull by the horns when in the lone striker role and has been unplayable. Consensus for the past couple of years has been you need a strong, tall target man, tev and rooney are dispensing with this line of thinking and it is a breath of fresh air to see.
As for Ireland i couldn't disagree more, he needs to stop feeling sorry for himself, stop believing his own hype and get back to what he gave us glimpses of last year........... all well and good his touches/flicks, misplaced passes not coming off,that i can forgive, however his foundation last year was graft and sadly he's not been willing to do it this season. He needs to get over the mental block which is undoubtedly keeping him in 1st gear.

alone, once again today it proved what alot of us have said, and that's the failed partnership between adebayor and tevez, it's one or the other and for me it has to be Carlos everytime, keep banging them in son.

This appears so.

It seems to be that with 1 front man it allows 2 players to support creating a 3 in attack.

whereas with a 2 up top we seem to lack service to the front men and have no gr8 attack.

Having said that earlier in the season we had an attack of 4 with 2 wide men and 2 forwards but this is too much and we lack balance hence 3-3s....

i think they should try starting tevez partnered with RSC. RSC has been injured alot so far and hasnt really had a chance to come into the team but every time ive watched him play he stays close to the last man and more importantly he stays close to the goals, this would allow tevez to keep his freedom and roam around the area while still having a target in the box for crosses and such. thoughts?

Two things,
1. When we signed Tevez I complained to all my mates that he takes up the same positions Ireland loves, and that the two would clash (though I was wrong and though Tevez would end up being the one being dropped)
2. This thread is not the first time it's been hinted that Adebayor being away/suspended has an upside. I think we look both more solid defensively and more fluid going forward with Tevez up front on his own.
Tevez's hold-up play is somehow much better than Ade's usually is, and his work rate really does disturb defenders. It's so easy to forget, but just look at the first goal. I still can't believe that such experienced professionals are so easily rattled, but obviously they are.

In Ade's defense, when he's played up front with Tevez/on his own it's usually been without or with an unfit Bellamy, who makes a big difference.

And in response to the post above-yes, I think Tevez and RSC link up well together. Hughes' last game against Sunderland they combined very well from what I remember. The problem is keeping RSC fit, and even when he is fit, if we only have two fit strikers it's difficult to see Mancini starting both and leaving himself without the option to change things later in the match.

having bells, tevez and swp in front is huge, where their pace makes up for any lack of physique, this is not to say they are weak. bells and tevez are physically strong as well, and the pair of them too works so well..

i've had a problem fitting in adebayor in the squad. i have no idea how hughes done it. anyone still know his formations?
but like the first poster here it may have been that: 4231 with ade in front, tevez behind him, with bellers on left, and swp/johnson on right wing.

to answer your quesion...GIVE TEVEZ A FREE ROLE AND HE"LL KILL FOR US. many a times when micah is inside chelsea's box, tevez is back defending for us. that's where he does well, a free role. no man players box to box/side to side/corner to corner for 90 minutes every game like tevez.

in short, a Free role for tevez in this formation: 4231
-------------------given-----------------
micah/zappa---kompany/toure-----lescott--------bridge
--------------de jong---Barry-----------------------
SWP/johnson---------TEVEZ------------bellamy/johnson
--------------Adebayor/Roque---------------------

if like today ade is not available, simply play tevez and play bellamy an inside forward = perfect!
put in zappa to add a 3rd CM and u got a tough nut to crack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.