Tevez and Silva starting Argentina-Spain friendly

For those who didn't see the Game. The players from both sides had a real " Love in" in the Tunnel before the Game and then when the Match started both sides really kicked lumps out of each other - the players though carried on with the Love in. Still all smiles. It was very strange. Silva was quite poor as were Spain generally; Tevez played very well. I would pay a small fortune to see him do that to Pepe Reina in the last minute of a Cup tie with the scores level. Someone who knows what they are doing needs to post a You Tube video of his Goal.

A few things reiterated in this game I thought:

1. Xavi's the king, once he starts to drop off both Barca and Spain will really suffer even with Fabregas, I reckon.
  2. Valdes has genuinely gotten really good, somehow? And he's still only 28, he's got a chance of going down a club legend at this rate.
  3. Pique's ridiculously comfortable on the ball for a defender...did anyone see that flicky move - my sources tell me it's called the 'rainbow'? - over Aguero's head? I had to rewind it just to make sure!
  4. Villa's really not suited to being the only genuine striker in the team, regardless of where he's playing, in a possession-based team like Spain or Barcelona - or more to the point, a team who don't really counter-attack - and I think Barca will have a few problems with that in the future, especially when Messi's rested.
  5. Tevez is brilliant. An idiot, but brilliant. He gets a dead leg in the 10th minute, gets repeatedly battered by Alonso and co. throughout, and yet still plays on in a meaningless friendly to set up the first two goals and score the third. Brilliant.

I was really looking forward to seeing Banega because I'd heard so much praise for him from all angles and seen so little but I thought he was really unimpressive again, I must keep catching him on his off days!

Brwned said:

1. Xavi's the king, once he starts to drop off both Barca and Spain will really suffer even with Fabregas, I reckon.
  2. Valdes has genuinely gotten really good, somehow? And he's still only 28, he's got a chance of going down a club legend at this rate.
  3. Pique's ridiculously comfortable on the ball for a defender...did anyone see that flicky move - my sources tell me it's called the 'rainbow'? - over Aguero's head? I had to rewind it just to make sure!
  4. Villa's really not suited to being the only genuine striker in the team, regardless of where he's playing, in a possession-based team like Spain or Barcelona - or more to the point, a team who don't really counter-attack - and I think Barca will have a few problems with that in the future, especially when Messi's rested.
  5. Tevez is brilliant. An idiot, but brilliant. He gets a dead leg in the 10th minute, gets repeatedly battered by Alonso and co. throughout, and yet still plays on in a meaningless friendly to set up the first two goals and score the third. Brilliant.

I was really looking forward to seeing Banega because I'd heard so much praise for him from all angles and seen so little but I thought he was really unimpressive again, I must keep catching him on his off days!

Thats what you got from this game? Nothing from the Argie side except Banega ain't that good? I guess it worked in the red cafe forum so you pasted it here.

some thoughts on your comments:

1. Xavi is awesome, messi is the king; that much was seen in this game. Anyways I dont see Xavi dropping off for a few years since passing and technique only gets better with experience not worse. He's not a phisycal type of player so his game shouldnt suffer as much with age, if anything I guess he could get better (not much he's already ridiculously good).

2. The best goalie yesterday wasn't Valdes, it was Romero, he should be playing in a proper team. Still, I agree, Valdes has improved considerably, though if he becomes club legend it will only be because he got to play next to Messaviestayolalves, on his own merits I would say no he doesnt deserve to be club legend. You will find many Barca fans agreeing with me at their forum.

3. This actually really got my attention, you guys dont have that move in Europe? In Argentina its something every kid knows since you can run, we call it Bicicleta (not a bicycle kick we call that Chilena). I've read a lot of posters surprised by that move, granted I couldn't believe Pique pulled it off but what surprised me was that some posters really had never seen that move.

4. Skip since I don't know enough about Villa in Valencia to make any claims

5. Tevez is brilliant, your an idiot, there fixed it for you, (you're not on red cafe Brwned, behave)

Finally, I dunno I think Banega is brilliant and the world will see soon. That said... I follow him since Boca Jrs and he's always had one problem, in Boca he played behind Riquelme so he was instructed to as soon as he got to midfield GIVE THE BALL to Roman. In the national team you see the same he gets it and immediately releases for Masche/ cambiasso/ whoever is playing in midfield that day. I guess he just needs to big up his name so coaches will be more confident. You can see his true potential when he plays for Valencia, he is everywhere doing everything and he's very good, its a weird case.

Papa Smurf said:
Brwned said:

• Xavi's the king, once he starts to drop off both Barca and Spain will really suffer even with Fabregas, I reckon.
  • Valdes has genuinely gotten really good, somehow? And he's still only 28, he's got a chance of going down a club legend at this rate.
  • Pique's ridiculously comfortable on the ball for a defender...did anyone see that flicky move - my sources tell me it's called the 'rainbow'? - over Aguero's head? I had to rewind it just to make sure!
  • Villa's really not suited to being the only genuine striker in the team, regardless of where he's playing, in a possession-based team like Spain or Barcelona - or more to the point, a team who don't really counter-attack - and I think Barca will have a few problems with that in the future, especially when Messi's rested.
  • Tevez is brilliant. An idiot, but brilliant. He gets a dead leg in the 10th minute, gets repeatedly battered by Alonso and co. throughout, and yet still plays on in a meaningless friendly to set up the first two goals and score the third. Brilliant.

Thats what you got from this game? Nothing from the Argie side except Banega ain't that good? I guess it worked in the red cafe forum so you pasted it here.

some thoughts on your comments:

1. Xavi is awesome, messi is the king; that much was seen in this game. Anyways I dont see Xavi dropping off for a few years since passing and technique only gets better with experience not worse. He's not a phisycal type of player so his game shouldnt suffer as much with age, if anything I guess he could get better (not much he's already ridiculously good).

2. The best goalie yesterday wasn't Valdes, it was Romero, he should be playing in a proper team. Still, I agree, Valdes has improved considerably, though if he becomes club legend it will only be because he got to play next to Messaviestayolalves, on his own merits I would say no he doesnt deserve to be club legend. You will find many Barca fans agreeing with me at their forum.

3. This actually really got my attention, you guys dont have that move in Europe? In Argentina its something every kid knows since you can run, we call it Bicicleta (not a bicycle kick we call that Chilena). I've read a lot of posters surprised by that move, granted I couldn't believe Pique pulled it off but what surprised me was that some posters really had never seen that move.

4. Skip since I don't know enough about Villa in Valencia to make any claims

5. Tevez is brilliant, your an idiot, there fixed it for you, (you're not on red cafe Brwned, behave)

Finally, I dunno I think Banega is brilliant and the world will see soon. That said... I follow him since Boca Jrs and he's always had one problem, in Boca he played behind Riquelme so he was instructed to as soon as he got to midfield GIVE THE BALL to Roman. In the national team you see the same he gets it and immediately releases for Masche/ cambiasso/ whoever is playing in midfield that day. I guess he just needs to big up his name so coaches will be more confident. You can see his true potential when he plays for Valencia, he is everywhere doing everything and he's very good, its a weird case.

I should point out the word reiterated in that first sentence, meaning to further prove a point that's already been established, so given the relatively small amount of Argentina games I see and the changes made to the team there is a reason for the relatively few mentions of Argentina. Besides me being a bit dim, that is.

1. Messi's god, Xavi's the king. While I do agree with the idea that he could very possibly improve as a player, I'm not entirely sure he can do that with the way Spain and Barcelona set up - they demand constant pressing from their whole team, with the midfield inevitably doing more of it than anyone else, and that will be increasingly difficult for Xavi as his legs weaken with age. He's such a good player they could just compensate for this with adding a player who can cover two positions in a game as we do with Scholes, using Park and Fletcher an unusually high amount for players who lack real individual quality, but I'm not sure that's the way Barcelona do things. Did they do anything to try and compensate for Guardiola's physical decline(or struggle to adapt to a more physical game)? Just an observation, you might well be right.

2. I did want to mention Romero, he's seemed remarkably adept for someone who I'd never heard of until Maradona came in...but I just thought if I said how good he looked it would come back to bite me on the arse at some point, because I really haven't seen enough of him. He's done very well in pretty much every game I've seen him in, has he even made a high profile mistake for Argentina yet? And I agree, he's not an individually outstanding keeper, but he's becoming an important squad member in a team that is incredibly successful, and in the end that's what is remembered.

3. Nope, I'd wager we see that once a season in the Premier League at absolute best, and even with Barcelona or Madrid it's not really that common...he miss out on that untamed flair and brilliance that you see so often in Argentina, we just have people who can kick the ball and man really hard and run non-stop. I've seen it before I'm sure, but to see Pique a centre back do it so casually...seen nothing like it.

4. He did well at Valencia playing as the main striker up top but they broke quickly and attacked in numbers at speed regularly, so that was less of an issue. I think he might have problems adapting so late in his career to a role like this in a team like that. Could easily be wrong and he goes on to score 40 goals this season, mind.

5. I think you took that the wrong way, the idiot part was in no way fuelled by my bias. Well, I would say that, but it's somewhat similar to Rooney against Bayern(or Chelsea two years ago) in that he played on with a serious injury...and that's idiotic. Loveable and commendable, but idiotic. Obviously, Tevez didn't have a major injury, but then it was a friendly, so yeah that's all I meant. No arguments with me being an idiot though!

You see that's the thing, I've no doubt he's a very good player because it's been said by such a wide variety of players, managers, fans and pundits that is has to be true, I've just never seen it. For example against Malaga, he was good but nowhere near top form, and it's just a shame I've not yet seen him in full flow is all. I'm just hoping I don't see it for the first time against us in the CL...

Your English is fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.