Tevez bigger signing than Robinho?

mcfc_nick said:
i think robbie's signing was on a completely different level to that of carlos even though he is top class! nobody expected us to get robbie and that showed we meant business but i dont think there will be many if anybody surprised that carlos came seeing as its been reported for the last month or 2!

i was just gonna post something exactly the same as this lol :)

The beauty of the Tevez signing is quite a significant point - we have taken a major player from one of the top 4 sides.....not just a quality player from abroad (ala Robbie). If we get Terry then that is another major player from another top 4 side.....Adebayor..... you getting the pattern? We just need Torres now (a long shot I know...but hey with sheds lods of money you never know!) and then we will will have really shaken them up.

You see the big point is not only are we looking to build we are also looking to knock down a few on the way - a plan I like. You can add Lescott & Barry to that idea also.....I am liking the bigger picture.

The signing of tevez is the most significant signing in our history.

In my opinion.

A player choosing us over the rags, and it was the same package.

i think Tevez will become a legend at City.

Robbie was intent, Tevez was intentional.
There was a shock when Robbie arrived, I was still pinching myself that we had mega rich owners and 'Blammo', Robbie is a blue,
Now its sunk in, we are activily seeking the best players in the Prem (and maybe the world aswell), but just to be linked with that calibre of player, WOW,
And Tevez chose us over the reds, Little victories, Little Victories.

Robinho was huge, really shocked the footballing world, statement of intent ect but could always be dismissed as a one off due to circumstances. Tevez is more important however, as it shows we are serious and can compete for big name players. He will be a hit for us as he works hard and gives his all. Bit of an anti-climax though as it's been expected for a while but think this is the turning point. Other clubs and players will now take us seriously. However not 100% convinced that the other A-listers named are interested for the right reasons, but that is for another thread...

Dont compare Carlos with Robinho. Carlos has international class and a class striker but Robinho is worldclass and on his days Robinho are in top 5-6 so dont say tevez is bigger than Robinho. Tevez was behind berbaflop.!!

We built this city on robinho

He was the catalyst for all that is happening now. When adug took over he was the showpiece, the guy that properly announced us to the rest of the world. Taken from the biggest club in the world he was the guy that made us known worldwide for the next few months, he was probably also the guy that made us feel so confident of making a big offer for kaka. Players want to play with him, i doubt tevez would have been so sure of a move if robbie wasnt here. The guy is a proper legend, has never doubted the project, never slags it off and seems to enjoy himself here. I fucking love him.

Tevez is a good signing, he lets us laugh at united a bit and is a great player but we should never forget that it was robinho that started all this.

King Kinky said:
The beauty of the Tevez signing is quite a significant point - we have taken a major player from one of the top 4 sides.....not just a quality player from abroad (ala Robbie). If we get Terry then that is another major player from another top 4 side.....Adebayor..... you getting the pattern? We just need Torres now (a long shot I know...but hey with sheds lods of money you never know!) and then we will will have really shaken them up.

You see the big point is not only are we looking to build we are also looking to knock down a few on the way - a plan I like. You can add Lescott & Barry to that idea also.....I am liking the bigger picture.

Don't get me started on Torres, I'll blow my load!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.