Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

If Wenger wanted to spend big, Eto'o would score an absolute shitload for arsenal. They create so many chances and haven't had a clinical, consistent, non injury prone striker for years. Maybe the surprise from England is Arsenal? Might be worth a tenner at 16/1 with skybet

SilvaLining said:
If Wenger wanted to spend big, Eto'o would score an absolute shitload for arsenal. They create so many chances and haven't had a clinical, consistent, non injury prone striker for years. Maybe the surprise from England is Arsenal? Might be worth a tenner at 16/1 with skybet

yeah i can see etoo at arsenal with his at least 10M after tax per year

SilvaLining said:

Never thought of that but youre right, he would score bag fulls there. Good thing they are cheap fuckers

if he really wants to come here then he should put a transfer request in because i'm not 100% sure he wants to go to Anzhi, sounds like he's stalling a bit

Easybeatz said:
if he really wants to come here then he should put a transfer request in because i'm not 100% sure he wants to go to Anzhi, sounds like he's stalling a bit
This sounds like the same Eto'o when we put in an offer for him to Barca, but he delayed until something more prestigious (Inter) came along.

Mancio said:
SilvaLining said:

Absolutely no way Wenger or the Arsenal board would sanction a player getting £300,000 per week - no matter how many goals they hope he'd get. Just not going to happen............................

ANY1aBLUE said:
Mancio said:
SilvaLining said:

Absolutely no way Wenger or the Arsenal board would sanction a player getting £300,000 per week - no matter how many goals they hope he'd get. Just not going to happen............................

Just because Anzhi are offering him that doesn't mean that's what his demands are. They're clearly offering him such an obscene amount because no player of his calibre would even consider moving there otherwise. Similar to us a few seasons ago multiplied by 10. I accept it's unlikely; he would still demand a decent wage, but if Wenger is putting his faith in youth for midfield as replacements for Fabregas and Nasri (Frimpong, Ramsey etc), then the wages saved would pay for Eto'o I'd wager.

They are looking pretty thin in terms of strikers as Bendtner looks like he's going and Eto'o is versatile enough to play as part of a front 3 or even on the right wing anyway. He's also proven he will be effective in a system very similar to arsenal's (barca) and to those saying Wenger only buys youth, he does buy experienced personnel in key positions, even if they have been hit and miss; examples include Lehmann, Arshavin and Squillaci.

I personally wouldn't rule it out, in light of Eto'o's comments about a surprise from England. United? No chance, they've got too many strikers as it is. Chelsea, enough strikers. City? I would argue again enough strikers, combined with the fact that the board allegedly aren't convinced. For all these reasons, Arsenal would be the logical choice for me. I still think it's within the realms of possibility.

SilvaLining said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Mancio said:

Just because Anzhi are offering him that doesn't mean that's what his demands are. They're clearly offering him such an obscene amount because no player of his calibre would even consider moving there otherwise. Similar to us a few seasons ago multiplied by 10. I accept it's unlikely; he would still demand a decent wage, but if Wenger is putting his faith in youth for midfield as replacements for Fabregas and Nasri (Frimpong, Ramsey etc), then the wages saved would pay for Eto'o I'd wager.

They are looking pretty thin in terms of strikers as Bendtner looks like he's going and Eto'o is versatile enough to play as part of a front 3 or even on the right wing anyway. He's also proven he will be effective in a system very similar to arsenal's (barca) and to those saying Wenger only buys youth, he does buy experienced personnel in key positions, even if they have been hit and miss; examples include Lehmann, Arshavin and Squillaci.

I personally wouldn't rule it out, in light of Eto'o's comments about a surprise from England. United? No chance, they've got too many strikers as it is. Chelsea, enough strikers. City? I would argue again enough strikers, combined with the fact that the board allegedly aren't convinced. For all these reasons, Arsenal would be the logical choice for me. I still think it's within the realms of possibility.

wait a moment.... eto'o is not asking 10M after tax to anzhi... he already get it at inter ! , do you think he would accept less than this for the pleasure of play for wenger ?

Dribble said:
Easybeatz said:
This sounds like the same Eto'o when we put in an offer for him to Barca, but he delayed until something more prestigious (Inter) came along.

This

Eto is behaving to form just hope we aint stupid enough to go for him - dont want him - quality player but the sheer cost coupled with Fair Play stuff males any trnasfer madness unless he is prepared to drop his wages by a good deal - but he wont

sooner take Drogba for 2 years

Last night made me realise we definitly dont need Eto'o... We need to stick with the strikers we have but possibly replace Tevez if he goes with somebody alot younger who wouldnt mind coming off the bench...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.