Tevez: 'I'm tired of football' (new quotes)

LoveCity said:
Hopefully mistranslated quotes but they seem quite clear to me. :/

At least he says he will play for 3-4 more years, hopefully all with us.

-

Homesick Carlos Tevez has once again reiterated his desire to retire early from the game in an outburst about the money-driven characters involved in football.

Despite clocking up nine goals in typically determined performances for Manchester City this term, the striker has revealed that his heart is no longer in the game.

His latest comments come in a long line of statements of discontent concerning his opinions about modern-day football.

"I don't want to play any more," he said to the TyC Sports.

"I'm tired of football, but also tired of people who work in football. I don't want to play any more, and I'm talking seriously.

"Football is only about money, and I don't like it. There are so many agents with really young footballers... it's awful, as these young players are not interesting in winning titles, they only want money.

"The young players think that they have won something in football because they have two mobile phones and a house. Today, there are many bad people in the football business, and you have to fight with them all the time. I'm tired of that too."

Tevez also launched a tirade about the disrespect shown by young players to senior figures in the game.

"Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don't want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to tell me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.

"I'm going to play football for three or four years in Europe, then I will quit. I would play for Boca again only if my father asks me to do it, but I don't want to play in Argentina again. If you ask me, I would love to have my old life back in my neighbourhood of Fuerte Apache as I don't like my way of life today.

"I don't want to suffer any more, I just want to be calm, I want some peace. But at the moment, football feels like a job for me."

you think he's on about the likes of AJ / Balloteli ect..

Ragnarok said:
This just shows that he is a very honest , hardworking fellow with a lot of morals and principles.My respect for him has increased ten fold.

My thoughts exactly.

He talks sense though, and at the end of the day his life and personal happiness is always going to come before the Club in his eyes. He's quoted as being miserable now, but yet is willing to honour his contract and play for a few more years. In that way he's repecting us and our club, so all we can do is respect his decisions.

Carlos is a great player and I love him at our club, but feck me he does winge a bit (that's if the quotes are true).

Winge winge winge winge winge, has no clue what it's like in the real world. If he had to go to work everyday for the next 40 years (that's if he's lucky) then he'd have something to moan about!!

Stop your moaning you lucky git!!!

Personally I'd do a job swap tomorrow...

This is a 33-minute interview with a radio station:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.radiolared.multimediosamerica.com.ar/unbuenmomento/noticia/2975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.radiolared.multimediosameric ... ticia/2975</a>

..whereas the quotes above would take about 30 seconds to say.

It starts off with him saying everything is fine etc, and the whole thing is pretty jolly and light-hearted.

He's just basically saying what he's said before about retiring in a few years, but he talks about a lot else, nothing to do with City, but Argentina and international football etc.

To be honest I cant be arsed listening to it all - he does open up a bit too much as usual, but you all know it's the same old press sensationalist bollox quotes taken!

As long as he's still with us to lift a cup. A good cup too. He deserves nothing less for the performance he puts in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.