Tevez [Merged]

bluemoon1078 said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...n-for-man-city-in-47-5m-deal-115875-21460754/

Carlos Tevez agreed to join Manchester City TWO WEEKS ago - and will complete the £47.5 million transfer in the next few days.

Tevez decided toquit Manchester United long before the end of the season because he felt Sir Alex Ferguson did not fancy him enough to be a 'first pick' and his handlerssorted out terms with their rivals.

City agreed to pay the £25.5 million asking price of his 'owners' andwill also hand the Argentinian forward around £100,000-a-week for the next fiveseasons in a staggering pay day.

Tevez's agents have admitted privately that the City move was thrashed out in top-level meetings inthe Middle East and in Manchester well in advance of United's final attempt tokeep him.

United came up with the asking price and made a contract offer, but the Tevez camp did not even askfor more cash as they had already made up their minds to go.

The United negotiations have been merely window dressing, with the Old Trafford club alsokeen to be seen to be making the effort - even if they were fearing the outcomewas inevitable.

Advertisement - article continues below »
Click here

Ferguson is not too worried about Tevez's departure. He is more concerned about finding areplacement - and has been working on that for the past fortnight.

Tevez was initially against the City idea as he feared a fans backlash from United's supporters,but he has been advised that this is not a deal-breaking issue by his camp.

The money men behind Tevez are happy with him going to City - as Mirror Sport revealed on June 1 - because it is a big snub to United and City are now seen in the business as 'the' club to do business with and this signing may lead to others down theline.

Chelsea have been linked with Tevez but they will not match the package of fee and wages. Chief executive Peter Kenyon was with Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian at super-agentPini Zahavi's daughter's wedding in Israel last week.

However the Stamford Bridge outfit are unwilling to plunge so much cash into the South American's signature and will not disrupt the move to Eastlands.

Tevez's arrival is part of Mark Hughes's plan to have a new-look attack with Blackburn's Roque Santa Cruz through the middle and two men wide.

Brazilian Robinho may have to look over his shoulder with the signing. Hughes is still a big fan of Craig Bellamy and the Brazilian will be under pressure for his place in that attack more than anyone.
I'm getting giddy it's in 2 papers now =D

kinkyisgod said:
Brazilian Robinho may have to look over his shoulder with the signing. Hughes is still a big fan of Craig Bellamy and the Brazilian will be under pressure for his place in that attack more than anyone.

words fail me

that is quite funny ....... Bellamy knew when he signed up that he would be sliding down the pecking order and said as much

sam the drummer said:
kinkyisgod said:
sam the drummer said:
Heard an odd comment today: someone said that if he went to Liverpool they would walk the title next year. WTF

who said that ? bindipper on heroin ?
Nope he wasnt a premiership team fan, leeds fan or something

They wouldnt walk it but would have a great chance of winning it. Had Torres not missed a big chunk of the season the probley have last season.

interesting articles but again you cant put to much weight behind them as no quotes etc and only the other week we were rubbishing their bollox about robbie etc .. its exciting times being blue ..my opinion is that we have got him i just dont see it going any other way we seem to deep in this one to be beaten by anyone now ..

Bellamy will be a super sub. He wont be a starter if we get Tevez and RSC, depending on the opposition, naturally.

bluegorton said:
Blimey that's a bold article (pardon my language).

its headline grabbing claptrap in my opinion

£47.5 million signing - if you roll up his wages over 5 years

on the same basis the Tranny signing for Real was worth 80+10+14+18+22+26+30 = £200 million

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.