Tevez SHOULD start every League game

hgblue said:
I'm worried that Mancini has a problem with Tevez and favours Balo.

Neither one is dependable or predictable, or hardly even coachable. Is it safer to handle a rattlesnake or a cobra? They're both going to bite you at some point.

Carlitos might be in favor this week, but...

article-1322829840477-0F052BEE00000578-39331_388x650.jpg

tevez should start every game. we would not be struggling to score at the start, he would consistently create more chances.

Tevez should NOT start every League fixture, but he should surely start every fixture against ManU(re)...

Does anyone think that our labouring if not unsuccessful start to the season is in part due to Tevez being a regular in the team? Look at the way we played last season without him. Trouble is, neither Mario or Dzeko can be relied on to replace him currently. I'm not having a go at him or criticising his performances and I would struggle to leave him out if I were manager. I'm just not sure he suits our style of play as much as Mario when he's on form which is admittedly very rare.

cheddar404 said:
Does anyone think that our labouring if not unsuccessful start to the season is in part due to Tevez being a regular in the team? Look at the way we played last season without him. Trouble is, neither Mario or Dzeko can be relied on to replace him currently. I'm not having a go at him or criticising his performances and I would struggle to leave him out if I were manager. I'm just not sure he suits our style of play as much as Mario when he's on form which is admittedly very rare.

yeah I agree with ur comment, he ruins the game. he's slow, ugly, and fat. and now dzeko is just a super sub, and Mario, ehh...when was the last time he was on fire....[last year I think].

I can see why we started with Balo - he's a big game player and he was key at Old Trafford last season. But the difference with Carlos highlights who is the better player for us right now. Carlos should have started in hindsight, but there you go. You could also say that in hindsight we should have played with Garcia, not Nasri, allowing Yaya to be more of a physical presence going forward.

Mario's commitment is always suspect I'm afraid, when tackled his hands go up in the air and he huff and puffs. When he does chase back I do worry that he'll go in studs up. Carlos showed the energy and commitment that we needed yesterday, his movement was better, and he actually did something useful with the ball. But Mario is unpredictable - wouldn't surprise me if he plays a blinder next game and scores a hat-trick.

Personally I'd like Tevez's future sorted sooner rather than later. If he stays I'll be happy, if he is South America bound when his contract is up then we need to eye up a replacement soon.

First time I have said it, but it falls at the manager's door and nobody elses. Not saying I want him out or Pep in at all, just that the manager is inevitably the one to get the finger pointed at them, and so it's up to him to make sure we catch them up, starting with 3 points at a very poor, currently, Newcastle.

But, back to the original question, can't fault Carlos at all. His work rate, creativity and willingness were first class. Him and Aguero for me next game, Milner in for Nasri preferably, or second choice is Garcia or Rodwell for Nasri and Yaya roaming forward, giving us a 4-2-2-2 almost, with everyone forward of the the DMs having creative license when we have possession. But Mancini's the man who has to ensure we get the result in the bag.

If anything, Nasri's lack of 'form', shall we call it, and Milner out and Sinclair obviously deemed not good enough, highlights our need for another creative 'wide' player, one comfortable operating in any attacking area. I feel Isco potentially just came a step closer to joining the blues, though the media are citing a cut price deal for Sneidjer this morning, all good to me.

The reality is that the team should be picked on merit and sometimes taking into account the opposition. I cannot think of a home game where the front two shouldnt be Carlos and Sergio. There are away games when it isnt as appropriate from the start of a game.
The fact is that the form of Mario puts the manager in a position that on form he should be picking from three strikers because Mario isnt good enough.
None of us know what the core is with Mario and how he needs to dealt with. I suspect he wont be going anywhere.
Either way, on merit, our best forwards are Tevez and Aguero and its time to stop messing about.

He should start every week ahead of Nasri.

Play him deeper, like Rooney at present with Van Persie as the only man up top.

That way, Yaya also gets to do what he does best.

..........AGUERO...............

........SILVA.....YAYA..

........MILNER........TEVEZ

Nothing wrong with picking Mario, but to pick him and keep the best forward (If not the best player) on the bench is beyond belief.

IF Mario is willing to "work hard", then he can play as attacking midfielder instead of Nasri and I think he will not be worse than him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.