Texas court halts sale of Dippers

coleridge said:
The Fixer said:
I think its all just delaying tactics mate, i think mill was all bollocks.

What is quite striking is how the RBS and dipper board are very much in bed together... RBS almost looking after dipperpool as much as their own interests... i wobder if they would have done the same if say this was pompey and not a 'football institution'??

I think you're being paranoid. RBS are a bank and so are seminally just in it for themselves, not Liverpool, the tax payer or the interests of justice.

As for this asset stripping business, once a few decent players are sold, what's left to strip [ a million or two for the training ground - whippedy whoo]? I do wonder why this Henry chap is bothering at all, except to sell on for a higher price. Nothing else makes any sense to me.

This the same RBS who want H&G to walk away with no money if they can, that doesn't look right to me.

Although it looks like being hot air from hicks and the american court action, the behaviour of RBS is indeed very dodgy, there only interest should be getting all monies owed back in the quickest and legalist means. Imagine the scenario that the under valued sales go ahead with the 40m discounted to NESV, great for Liverpoo, no debt etc etc, then Hicks is successful in sueing RBS in texas for damages due to the very iffy pratices and the good old UK tax payer gets lumbered with an extra 800m of so.

News just in.......Roy Hodgson wants to offer the miners in Chile all
coaching jobs at Anfield. He figures they might help him to get
Liverpool out of a great big hole before Christmas :-)

Cambridgeblue said:
The Fixer said:

What is quite striking is how the RBS and dipper board are very much in bed together... RBS almost looking after dipperpool as much as their own interests... i wobder if they would have done the same if say this was pompey and not a 'football institution'??

As I said in my report thread yesterday it was interesting that counsel for RBS consistenly talked about a sale "in the best interests of stakeholders" rather than creditors/shareholders.

Exactly mate

The Fixer said:
coleridge said:
I think you're being paranoid. RBS are a bank and so are seminally just in it for themselves, not Liverpool, the tax payer or the interests of justice.

As for this asset stripping business, once a few decent players are sold, what's left to strip [ a million or two for the training ground - whippedy whoo]? I do wonder why this Henry chap is bothering at all, except to sell on for a higher price. Nothing else makes any sense to me.

This the same RBS who want H&G to walk away with no money if they can, that doesn't look right to me.
H&G losses are not RBS's problem.

I wonder if theres any truth in H&G petition to Texas court claiming RBS is financing NESV's bid for club.

Surely you can`t sit on both sides of the fence!

Prestwich_Blue said:
The Fixer said:
H&G losses are not RBS's problem.

Very true but it don't quite look like that imo, as CB said he found it rather strange RBS was talking about the good of stakeholders rathber than creitors!

Thank goodness for that. The bank's to blame. For a moment, I was worried that some self-interested Yankee chancers were not going to get the sympathy that they obviously deserve.

That's the capitalist system for you! No morality and no justice. Why is that news to some of you?

As for Henry, shades of Thaksin to me...

coleridge said:
The Fixer said:

I agree that when it finally gets down to brass tacks you are essentially correct however until they have to be they will maintain the PR front that they are on the side of the fans.

All three apparent offers for the club more than paid off RBS so from that point of view it shouldn't really care which of them goes through. That said it would be a PR problem if the club was sold to a buyer whose offer was better for H&G than for LFC. This seems to be at the root of Hicks and Gillette's submission on Tuesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.