Thailand Vaccinations

• Thread starter Deleted member 41424
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 41424

i'm thinking of travelling to Thailand in the next couple of days.
Got a few weeks off from work so decided to go on a whim.
Somebody however has just mentioned to me that I may need vaccinations.
I can't find any solid details on the net however regarding this.

So, i'm just wondering if anybody has been over recently and whether the vaccinations are a recommendation or a requirement.

Cheers for any feedback...

Pretty clear advice on here if you scroll down

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east</a>)/thailand.aspx

You'll be a pin cushion!

where you planning on going?

I just use Sketolene, an anti-mozzie spray, if you are not going too far off the beaten track, I wouldn't worry, I never take any pills or have any jabs and I go twice a year usually.

Cheers Blibo.

i'm flying into Bangkok and taking it from there.
Nothing too far off the beaten track, its my first time so i'll be sticking to the tourist areas.
I was just about to book my flights and my brother mentioned about these vaccinations.
I'm going for 2 and a half weeks so I don't need a visa. I just don't want to get over there and get stopped due to lack off vaccinations/documents.

sorry Bud
don't know why the link didn't work
Anyway it says
Courses or boosters usually advised: tetanus; hepatitis A.
Other vaccines to consider: typhoid; diphtheria; rabies; Japanese encephalitis; hepatitis B, cholera.
A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from travellers over 1 year of age coming from areas with risk of yellow fever transmission and for all travellers having transited through the airport of a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.

I'm a bit of a wuss. I ALWAYS take the advice on that site wherever I go. I don't want to give the insurance companies any lee way to back out of obligations if I need to claim.

cheers denislawsbackheel.

only problem I've got is I have to be back in England for the 1st of June. So I haven't got any time to wait on vaccinations.
i'm planning on staying in the tourist areas, not off the beaten track.
If the vaccinations are a must to enter the country, i will have to leave my trip.
If I can get away without them, even though risky to my health, I will take the chance.

I just need to know that if I go without getting them done I can still get into the country without any problems.

wesshaw1985 said:
cheers denislawsbackheel.

only problem I've got is I have to be back in England for the 1st of June. So I haven't got any time to wait on vaccinations.
i'm planning on staying in the tourist areas, not off the beaten track.
If the vaccinations are a must to enter the country, i will have to leave my trip.
If I can get away without them, even though risky to my health, I will take the chance.

I just need to know that if I go without getting them done I can still get into the country without any problems.

it would be wrong of you not to get the jabs mate, supposing you pass something nasty on to loved ones or mates on your return, and your risking your own health.

go to Doctors now or do you have a private travel doctor service like we do in Oz ? (not a free service)

wesshaw1985 said:
i'm thinking of travelling to Thailand in the next couple of days.
Got a few weeks off from work so decided to go on a whim.
Somebody however has just mentioned to me that I may need vaccinations.
I can't find any solid details on the net however regarding this.

So, i'm just wondering if anybody has been over recently and whether the vaccinations are a recommendation or a requirement.

Cheers for any feedback...

About 25 years back i knew a girl who went to Thailand and she didn't have any vacinations ....... she caught something , can't recall what now , but upon her return to Manchester , she landed up in a hospital isolation ward for six weeks !

Don't take chances ....

There's a short notice travel clinic in the city centre that I've used before. Costs a bit but should get you sorted:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/t-nomadclinicmanchester.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/t-nomadcli ... ester.aspx</a>

Thailand is amazing, you'll have a scream. I got mauled with bites over there though so defo recommend vaccines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.