Thames water

And and and….haven‘t the shareholders and senior execs made a fortune?
Disgusting.

Looks like they want another bail put or they go into administration. What I don't understand is why the tax payer would be required to bail them out of they went bust. Surely if that occurs then the administrators ask for bids for what's left of the company. And then the UK government could if it wanted step in and make a bid. But I don't see how or why it would have to underwrite the loans made previously by the Private investors and holding company. They would just lose out.
because capitlism is a big con trick and we are in a cycle of repetative grift from a minority of the human race.

20231213_063535.jpg

All these are in debt and the debt is secured against the treasury(tax payers) so all could be taken back into public ownership without having to pay a penny as the shares are practically worthless atm.

the con is the shares are traded yo people like you are not buying debt, if Labour had any balls they would renationalise all once they step through number 10

View attachment 101269

All these are in debt and the debt is secured against the treasury(tax payers) so all could be taken back into public ownership without having to pay a penny as the shares are practically worthless atm.

the con is the shares are traded yo people like you are not buying debt, if Labour had any balls they would renationalise all once they step through number 10
The loans are backed by the UK treasury. What a con. I didn't know that.

Something on the radio recently that these water companies build in the fines they will receive for sewage leaks etc into there profit/loss accounts so the shareholders dividends arent affected

What the fucks going on

Something on the radio recently that these water companies build in the fines they will receive for sewage leaks etc into there profit/loss accounts so the shareholders dividends arent affected

What the fucks going on
Unfortunately I suspect the truth is even worse than that.

They probably work on a business case. Releasing x gallons of untreated sewage will save us £y. The associated fine will be £z. If z is less than y, then open the sluices.

When did we last build a new treatment works. Never. All these new houses going into the existing system. System cannot cope. Open the gates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.