That 34 Year Banner Mocking Us at The Swamp.

Club endorsed, permanent banner about a club who (I think?) were in the third tier at the time they first put it up

Nobody cares about city…

the funniest thing about it was the tramps arguing about what to do with it after we won the FA cup. I wish the bellends suggesting they change it to a ‘since they won the league’ banner had won the argument, so we could see the filthy cunts argue about it all over again a year later
I think the first one was when it got to 25 years in 2001. We’d just got relegated under Royle.

The Rags got all giddy when it got to 25 years. That’s when there was a lot of “xx[amount]” of “YEARS” graffiti starting to be seen around on random bridges and walls around the conurbation. I even remember Mani being on Soccer AM and as they were saying thank you to all their guests and the credits were about to roll, Mani stood up and shouted “TWE’Y FIVE YEARS!”

Then they had a new one made every year for another 9 years… the fucking sad bastards!

Like you say, they didn’t care about us though!

They had Cantona outside Maine Road & no fucks were given.

The Tevez poster was a reaction to the bully & they couldn’t handle it, I’d put it up again just as a reminder how it all started.
It would be nice for a 10 year anniversary sign.
A plain city blue sign with Aguerooooooooooooooo in “massive” letters.
Oh, I almost forgot, in small letters underneath,
Time flies like the wind, all other flies can be found at the swamp!

I think the first one was when it got to 25 years in 2001. We’d just got relegated under Royle.

The Rags got all giddy when it got to 25 years. That’s when there was a lot of “xx[amount]” of “YEARS” graffiti starting to be seen around on random bridges and walls around the conurbation. I even remember Mani being on Soccer AM and as they were saying thank you to all their guests and the credits were about to roll, Mani stood up and shouted “TWE’Y FIVE YEARS!”

Then they had a new one made every year for another 9 years… the fucking sad bastards!

The banner was up for the 1-1 Howey game before we got relegated, so there were 11 if they had once each season.

It would be nice for a 10 year anniversary sign.
A plain city blue sign with Aguerooooooooooooooo in “massive” letters.
Oh, I almost forgot, in small letters underneath,
Time flies like the wind, all other flies can be found at the swamp!

or maybe a mural of gpc saying not in my lifetime

Remember they had some photo competition asking for pics with the number 25 on them.
Fcukin hilarious aren’t they.

Someone with a Rag Cafe account should post they should reinstate the banner in Green and Gold counting up the number of years since they won the league to try to force the Glazers out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.