That 34 Year Banner Mocking Us at The Swamp.

Tributes have been coming in after it was announced that the 34 years and counting banner has sadly died. What was expected to be a permanent feature it was removed and in true Manchester United manner evicted from his home on the Stretford end in 2011 this was after Manchester City had been successful in that years FA cup final. Asked for a comment a spokesperson for the club said we are saddened to hear this news and in all probability won't see its likes again.Celebrities have had their say including Arsenal fan Alan Davies,Mr Davies, who has recently been accused of racism said "it's very sad news, I always made a point visiting the the banner and treasure our relationship and can only claim that this wouldn't have happened if those Arabs up the road had stayed in the desert or bought a club in Germany " with a quivering bottom lip Mr Davies went on to say " just go, just go get out of my league". The banner had tried to make a comeback over the years most notably with Bury FC who unfortunately went out of existence before being able to take up a position at Gigg Lane. A friend of Banner told us that recently Banner had fallen on hard times and had become addicted to poster paint. The friend went on to say that Banner had been sharing a tent on Deansgate with Bertie Magoo Bitter Blue. A memorial service, date to be announced, will take place at Gullivers World where the United fans will be able to remember Banners life and regale attendees with their full repatoire of nursery rhymes led by Peter Boyle who is expected to debut a new tune ,in honour of Banner, which is believed to be based on Jeffrey's song from the now defunct TOYS 'R' US.
Well done. Could have been written by the great Nigel Blackwell himself.

He will be back from red land if we slip up later

Pretty sure he isn't. Why would a rag wum post something as open and personal like that on a city forum?

Pretty sure he isn't. Why would a rag wum post something as open and personal like that on a city forum?

Dipper red , imo

As odious as that banner was, it wasn’t something that bothered me at all, ever, in fact not only did I find it quite funny, it highlighted what a small time, classless club and fan base they have, where most know fuck all about their own history.
34 years and we’re still here…..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.